The current purchase status of those surveyed includes the following:
• 28 percent of respondents reported that they are relocation buyers;
• 19 percent shared that they are existing homeowners downsizing to a smaller or less expensive home;
• 19 percent indicated that they are first-time home buyers;
• 15 percent revealed that they are current homeowners moving up to a bigger or more expensive home.
Amount of cash winter homebuyers are planning to use for their down payment:
• 13 percent of buyers are planning to put down 3.5 percent cash (United States Federal Housing Administration loan);
• 23 percent are planning to put down 10 to 20 percent cash;
• 22 percent are planning to put down 21 to 99 percent cash;
• 19 percent are planning to put down 100 percent cash.
Of those planning to use all cash, the respondents fall into the following categories:
• 29 percent of respondents are downsizing to a smaller or less expensive home;
• 26 percent are relocation buyers;
• 11 percent are moving up to a bigger or more expensive home;
• 11 percent are buying a vacation home.