Recently, DocuSign, the industry standard eSignature provider, announced a new bundle combining the company’s eSignature service with recent acquisition Cartavi Transaction Rooms with hopes of making real estate collaboration and document management more efficient and effective. Coinciding with the National Association of REALTORS® Conference and Expo held in San Francisco last month, the company held a demonstration at the Stockton Street Apple Store to show convention attendees just how easy its advanced system really is.
“We want to make sure we’re empowering you,” said Glenn Shimkus, DocuSign’s head of transaction management technology and former Cartavi CEO and co-founder. “It’s not good enough to have something to look at. The focus is now being able to drive transactions while you’re on-the-go.”
Along with Tom Gonser, DocuSign’s founder and chief strategy officer, the DocuSign team presented their product on Apple devices, showing how agents and brokers can simplify the entire transaction process, from sharing documents to getting the necessary signatures requires to complete a purchase or sale. By setting up a Transaction Room in Cartavi to store and access documents, anyone involved in a transaction can be given permission to view each document. Clients are notified via email that a contract or addendum needs their signature, and once it’s signed, the document or contract is stored back in the Cartavi Transaction Room and the agent is notified.
“The cloud is not good enough. The push now is to manage the entire transaction in the cloud,” said Gonser.
With DocuSign’s Bundled Management Solution users can:
• Manage 100 percent of a transaction through a tablet or SmartPhone.
• Store, share, sign and archive documents in the cloud.
• Keep everything relating to a transaction safe and in one safe, virtual transaction room.
• Invite participants to the transaction with role-based permissions.
• Conduct in-person and remote document singings.
• Receive in-app notifications and daily transaction updates.
• Grab forms with ZipForm intregation and pull them into the transaction room.