• Approximately one-third of FSBO sellers took no action to market their home, and 64 percent did not offer any incentives to attract buyers.
• The typical FSBO home sold for $184,000 compared to$230,000 among agent-assisted home sales.
The NAR report also reveals these points about individuals queried about their home search process:
• For 42 percent of home buyers, the first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties and 14 percent of home buyers first looked online for information about the home buying process.
• The use of the Internet in the home search rose slightly to 92 percent.
• Real estate agents were viewed as a useful information source by 87 percent of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home.
• The typical home buyer searched for 12 weeks and viewed 10 homes.
• For more than half of buyers finding the right home was the most difficult step in the home buying process.
• Approximately nine in 10 recent buyers were at least somewhat satisfied with the home buying process