Welcome to 2014; you made it! You survived, and some of you even thrived, through one of the most difficult real estate markets in recent history.
It’s time to get out of survival mode and get into growth mode. It’s time to take your business, your thinking and your productivity to a whole new level. The question is, are you ready?
If you’re ready to make this year your best year ever, all you have to do is follow proven steps, formulas and strategies, pull up your bootstraps, and get to work.
Here are 5 proven steps to your best year ever in real estate:
1. Start with a Plan and Think Big – Build your business plan with great detail on where you have been and where you want to go, then break down the daily tasks that will be required to get you there. Then do them. I suggest spending one hour a day working on your business rather than in your business. Spend that time with clear focus and execution of the critical tasks that must be done to achieve your goals. If you want to make $100K this year, ask yourself this question: What would have to change in my behavior to reach $200K or $500K? The real difference between average agents and those at the higher levels is that they believe they can achieve it, and then they behave and act as if they are already there.
2. Automate Your Processes – Any task you routinely do three times or more should be reduced to a system and automated. Action plans in your CRM allow you to create these systems and remove the chance for under-delivering for your clients. The more your business is automated, the greater your potential for growing and scaling your business.
3. Don’t be Afraid to Delegate – You believe that every client wants to work only with you because you are the best at what you do. You manage every file, show every home, meet every inspector, take every photo, empty every garbage can, and answer every email. If you want to realize what it means to be truly successful, you must learn to delegate. As you delegate, you will soon realize that your clients really don’t need you. It’s not even about you. What they really want is all about them, their family and their needs. They are looking to you to help them achieve their goals in moving. By putting great people and systems in place, you can provide much better service while focusing on the most important things in your life.
4. Prospect Daily – This is simple: Rainmakers prospect every day. They do it without exception and their businesses grow. You just have to do it.
5. Be Legendary – Create a legendary experience for your clients in every aspect of the transaction before, during and after the closing. Become a true expert on your communities, housing and lending, and give real, authentic advice and guidance. Your clients need your expertise in negotiation, marketing and sales. Separate yourself from the average agents who don’t plan, prospect or delegate.
Now is the time; 2014 is your year. I believe in you and your ability to grow your business. And yes, you can have it all.
Verl Workman is a speaker, coach, business consultant and president of the Top 5 in Real Estate Network®. Visit www.VerlWorkman.com for more information.
Copyright© 2016 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission from RISMedia.
Content on this website is copyrighted and may not be redistributed without express written permission from RISMedia. Access to RISMedia archives and thousands of articles like this, as well as consumer real estate videos, are available through RISMedia's REsource Licensed Content Solutions. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive and affordable content packages. Click here to learn more! http://resource.rismedia.com