By Dr. Maya Bailey
3. You need a Pro-Success Mindset
A pro-success mindset is a mindset that is free of all anti-success beliefs. If you have anti-success beliefs, you will find it very difficult, if not impossible, to succeed.
Self-limiting beliefs about self, success, money, and prospecting:
• “I’m not good enough.”
• “I’m not smart enough.”
• “If I am successful, I will have to work long hard hours, struggle and sacrifice.”
• “If I am successful, I won’t have balance in my life.”
• “I don’t deserve an abundance of money.”
• “If I call people I’m bothering them.”
• “People don’t want to hear from me.”
• “If I prospect I’m begging.”
• “If I prospect I will be rejected.”
Almost everyone I’ve met has some version of these in their subconscious mind. Do you understand how this would make it impossible to succeed? You could have all of these in your subconscious mind and not even be aware of.
Beliefs like these would cause you to:
• Be afraid to prospect
• Continually procrastinate
• Analyze and second-guess yourself
• Feel scattered instead of organized
If this feels familiar to you, then you can count on the fact that you have self-limiting beliefs that you need to eliminate.
Now that you understand the self-limiting beliefs that make up an anti-success mindset, here are a few of the many empowered beliefs that make up a pro-success mindset.
Empowered beliefs about the self:
• I am more than good enough.
• I am perfectly imperfect just like everyone else.
• I have all that it takes to succeed.
• I easily accomplish anything that I set my mind to do.