For busy landlords and property management companies alike, screening prospective tenants can feel like a full-time job. That’s where online tenant screening programs can provide assistance, making your job easier, and allowing you to feel more confident with your tenant selections.
Here are five great tips for screening a tenant:
1. Make it easy for the tenants to fill out a comprehensive rental application, including online or mobile devices. Also, use the standard template used at many properties. Conduct a thorough background check, including a Google search.
2. Check the tenant’s social media profile, such as on LinkedIn, to see if it matches with their current and past employment
3. Post available rental vacancies on legitimate and easy to use rental-home search sites, such as RentalRoost.com, and stop getting spammed from Craigslist.
4. Use a cost-effective tenant screening site, such as Houserie, with pay-as-you-go formats and without any hidden fees or a contractual agreement. There is no need to pay monthly fees or set-up costs, especially if you have a handful of rental properties
5. Almost everyone is online and mobile today! Communicate with tenants promptly and provide a timely, effective and efficient service with online and smart mobile devices. Houserie is an easy and safe way to screen your tenants.
From validating Social Security numbers to providing a list of past addresses, tenant screening programs, like Houserie from RentalRoost, can make the life of a property manager much simpler. In addition to running a criminal background check and a sex offender search, Houserie even runs a credit score report. The system also enables property managers to set a specific credit score range depending on the price of a particular property—an added bonus when it comes to screening for suitable tenants.
For more information, please visit www.houserie.com.