Posting time-sensitive, unique content centered around a specific month is one of the best ways to make an impact and grow your social engagement—but coming up with content ideas can be challenging! August happens to be the start of the end of the summer season, and there are plenty of things to talk about. Find August’s topics below to get started!
Back to School
- Host or list back-to-school drives
- Healthy snack and lunch ideas for kids
- Collect and digitize area school supply lists
National Watermelon Day – August 3
- Watermelon carving contest
- Uncommon watermelon recipes
- How to choose a watermelon
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day – August 4
- Challenge followers to try different kinds of chocolates when baking cookies; ask which was best
- Create and share chocolate chip recipes on Pinterest
- Share a video from your open house showing prospects eating freshly baked cookies
National Relaxation Day – August 15
- Ask followers their favorite treatment when visiting a spa
- Create a contest for followers to win a gift card from your favorite local spa
- Tips to set a “relaxation room” in one’s home
Holiday content is great, but be sure to mix in plenty of general-interest topics to keep your content well-rounded.
- Summer recipes
- How to change a light switch
- Planning a staycation
- Best weekend getaways in your area
- Ask people to share a picture of their pet
- Throwback Thursday
- Inspirational quote
As a real estate professional, it’s important for you to discuss real estate topics on your blog and social networks. Some topics that may appeal to your audience include:
- Client testimonial
- Summer home maintenance
- What to know about owning a vacation home
- Why your marketing strategy is better
- Reverse mortgage FAQs
- Summer home-buying guide
If you need more help or just don’t have the time to build your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel. It’s a service designed to help you get more likes and a stronger online presence to help you connect with buyers and sellers.
Patty McNease is director of Marketing for Homes.com. For more information, please visit connect.homes.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.