8 Promises You Can Make to Every Real Estate Client
By Barbara Pronin
|Successful real estate professionals have their clients’ best interests at heart. They guide and educate. They know their market. They are committed to helping buyers and sellers make the best possible real estate decisions. But what’s the best way to communicate this commitment to potential clients? One way is to put it in writing.
From WinningAgent.com, one of many effective real estate blogs, comes a list of eight promises you can print and/or publish on social media for potential buyers and sellers:
Barbara Pronin is an award-winning writer based in Orange County, Calif. A former news editor with more than 30 years of experience in journalism and corporate communications, she has specialized in real estate topics for over a decade.
- I will tell you the truth about myself – I want you to know about my background, my training, and the extent of my real estate experience.
- I will not put commission first – Yes, I earn more money if you buy a $400,000 house instead of a $300,000 house. But if the $300,000 house is best for you, I will steer you toward it and work hard to complete the deal.
- I will be truthful about your property value – I’ll give you my honest assessment of what your home is worth. I will never mislead you just to get the listing.
- I will disclose my relationship to a transaction – I am obliged to tell you if I represent both buyer and seller. But if you’re considering buying my mother-in-law’s home, or selling yours to my friend, I will disclose that relationship as well.
- I will show you the best available properties in your price range – Some agents may steer you to toward their own or their company’s listings. I’ll show you the properties that meet your needs, regardless of who has the listing.
- I will give you good advice - I deal with many lenders, home inspectors, appraisers and other professionals. I will give you solid recommendations about these matters, if you need them, and tell you if I think you might be making a poor choice.
- I will not push you into a bidding war - Real estate is competitive, and there are often offers and counter-offers. I will not encourage you to go beyond your budget to buy a property.
- I will follow through and follow up – I won’t list and leave. I’ll communicate regularly so you know what’s happening, and even after we close a deal, I’ll stay in touch to be sure you’re happy with the way your transactions turned out.
Click on any icon below to share this article:
RISMedia welcomes your questions and comments. Send your e-mail to: email@example.com.
Copyright© 2017 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission.