RISMEDIA, Feb. 28, 2007-Most any real estate professional would agree that $163,500 in education, mentoring, products and tools would propel a new agent's career. Over 1,700 new agents concurred with that premise and put in the time and effort to answer essay and background questions in order to win this year's Real Estate Apprentice Award.
"The foundation offers some extraordinary free grants and the flow of new agents applying have not slowed despite recent shifts into a somewhat dawdling market," said Dr. Martin Oliver, deputy executive director at the Real Estate Apprentice Foundation.
The foundation announced the names of their Top 30 grant candidates drawn from a pool of 1,723 applicants for Season V (July-Dec 2006). Now the group of 30 is competing for one grand prize of $70,000 (fast-track real estate products and tools donated from leading industry sponsors), $7,000 for nine finalists, $2,500 for 10 semi-finalists and $300-$800 for 10 honorable mentions.
This elite group of 30 had their essay answers, background answers, bio and photos sent to a panel of 16 independent judges for final award determination. Every applicant was eligible for a minimum grant valued at $250, regardless of whether they progressed to the second round or not.
Twenty-six of the contestants represent classroom attendance at real estate schools in the following eleven states: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin. Four contestants attended real estate schools on-line.
Brokerage representation by individual Top 30 applicants is as follows:
Century 21 2
Coldwell Banker 4
Keller Williams 4
Long & Foster 1
The Top 30 group (name, school and brokerage company) is as follows:
* Adeola Adedokun, Career Education Systems, Missouri, Prudential Select Properties
* Angelina Ferre, Chicago Association Realtor's School, Illinois, Royal Service Realty
* Anna Northcutt, Tennessee Real Estate Education Systems, Prudential Realty Center
* Christopher Davison, Polley Associates, Pennsylvania, Coldwell Banker Select Realtors
* Cindy Newman, Tri-State Real Estate School, Pennsylvania, Prudential Fox and Roach
* Dave Figueroa, Metro Broker's Real Estate School, Georgia, RE/MAX Professionals
* Deneen Thomas, Schlicter-Kratz Institute, Pennsylvania, Century 21 Advantage Gold
* Fonda McConnell, Austin Institute of Real Estate, Texas, Wilson, Tindall & Associates
* Frank Schroeter, Allied Business School, Online, Fidus Brokers, Inc.
* Holly Genz, Robbins & Lloyd Career Training Institute, Wisconsin, Bielinski Homes
* Holly Olson, America's Best Real Estate Education Online, Lambros Real Estate
* Jeff Pinson, Career Education Systems, Missouri, MLS Realty, LLC
* Jennifer Martin, Real Estate Certification Program, Indiana, American Dream Realty
* J J Leininger, Vitousek School of Real Estate, Home Study Course, Makai Properties
* Julie Wulfekuhle, Connole/Morton, Montana, T & E Realty
* Kari Wimmer, Armbrust Real Estate Institute, Colorado, Coldwell Banker
* Leslie Martin, Florida Real Estate School, Florida, Keller Williams Realty South West
* Linda Peace, Champions School of Real Estate, Texas, Keller Williams Metropolitan
* Maggie Ben-Tchavtchavadze, Champions School of Real Estate, Texas, Keller Williams
* Marisol Lezcano, Polley Associates, Pennsylvania, Continental Realty Company
* Nayeli Garcia-Selvaraj, Career WebSchool Online, Long & Foster
* Nilay "Bobby" Jhaveri, Barney Fletcher RealtyU, Georgia, Coldwell Banker RMR
* Nina Chen, Polley Associates, Pennsylvania, RE/MAX Centre Realty
* Pamela Marut, Champions School of Real Estate, Texas, Prudential Gary Greene
* Regina Randall, Career Education Systems, Missouri, Whiteaker Realty
* Renee Buckhoff, Champions School of Real Estate, Texas, Coldwell Banker United
* Ron Reed, First Weber Group School, Wisconsin, First Weber Group Realtors
* Susan Falzone, Armbrust Real Estate Institute, Colorado, Keller Williams Realty
* Tameka Goldsborough, Polley Associates, Pennsylvania, Prudential Fox & Roach
* Tiffany Nalepa-Pons, Champions School of Real Estate, Texas, Century 21 Classic
Between March 5 and 9, the foundation will begin to announce the names and tell the amazing stories of two finalists per day through RISMedia. On March 14, the grand prize winner, semi-finalists, and honorable mentions will be named. Past winners can view viewed on the foundation's Web site.
Rookie agents wishing to apply for Season VI, currently in progress (Jan-Jun, 2007) can apply online at: www.RealEstateApprentice.com.
Companies interested in having their products or services featured within the grant gift category should contact Dr. Oliver at 949-600-7188 or by e-mail at Dr.Oliver@RealEstateApprentice.com.