RISMEDIA, April 18, 2007-According to sales strategist Joanne Black, every day thousands of salespeople and business owners spend hours making cold calls, even though they can't turn more than 3% of cold prospects into customers. However, if they used referral selling instead, their prospects would become customers between 50 and 90% of the time.
Black explains her breakthrough selling system in depth in "No More Cold Calling: The Breakthrough System That Will Leave Your Competition in the Dust" (Warner Business Books/Trade paperback/April 13, 2007/$13.99). The complete hard cover edition of this guide is now available in a trade paperback. In it, salespeople of all kinds can learn how to convert to referral selling.
Black's five-step referral selling system is described in detail in this guide. Learn how to boost your close rate to 80 or 90%, increase commissions, work less, and enjoy it more-all without ever making a cold call.
A sales strategist for more than 30 years, Black explains why cold calling and other ineffective prospecting techniques persist even though most sales reps know they don't work. She addresses the fear of the unknown, the forces of habit, and other reasons why sales reps-and very often, their managers-stick to outmoded traditional sales strategies when referral selling will boost sales, reduce stress and bring better customers.
Black provides her unique step-by-step "atTRACT" process for becoming a referral-selling powerhouse. "No More Cold Calling" explains how to:
• Identify an "Ideal Customer" and find lots of them – in your industry, your neighborhood, your social club, even the airplane seat next to you.
• Get introductions to qualified prospects (and don't kid yourself, if you don't have an introduction, it is just another cold call).
• Connect personally with your referrals from the very first handshake.
Black has discovered that what stands in the way of most salespeople asking for referrals is that asking makes them uncomfortable. Her "atTRACT" system turns this around, so that asking for referrals becomes one of the best parts of a salesperson's routine.
"You will love the excitement you feel when you're working with the right customers," says Black. "You become supercharged when you're face-to-face or having a vigorous conversation on the phone."
"No More Cold Calling" includes tools based on Black's years of real world experience – including suggested scripts, practice techniques, action steps, worksheets, and a troubleshooting guide to help with some of the common problems sales professionals face.
• How to make alliances and build networks that come back to you in the form of solid referrals.
• How to measure referral selling as effectively as you used to measure cold calling.
• How to increase revenue and decrease sales costs.
• Why you must say goodbye to the bad clients in order to attract new and profitable ones.
• How to hardwire referral-selling into your organization.
"No More Cold Calling" provides the information and inspiration you need to change your sales strategies and quite possibly your entire life. With "No More Cold Calling" as your guide, referral selling will be easier than you think and more rewarding than you could imagine!
For more information visit www.nomorecoldcalling.com.