MRIS, Nov. 5, 2007-As we approach the implementation of Secure Login, we wanted to share some specific information about the SAFEMLS® token.
• The SAFEMLS® token weighs less than an ounce. It measures 2 ½ inches long, 1 ½ inches wide and ¼ inch high–smaller than most car keys.
• The SAFEMLS® token contains all the passwords you will need. It is self-contained and does not communicate with a satellite or network. The token does not connect to the computer in any way.
• The SAFEMLS® token will generate a new password each time the button is pressed. You will need a new password each time you wish to access Matrix, Keystone and MRIS.com on the Secure Login screen.
• The SAFEMLS® token will need to be enrolled upon receipt to the SAFEMLS® server. Links to this server will be available on MRIS.com and the new Secure Login screen. Instructions will be with the SAFEMLS® token when it arrives at your home address on how to enroll the token, report lost/broken tokens, Change PIN and Forgot PIN.
• The SAFEMLS® token is pretty durable and can withstand normal wear and use. It can be placed on a keychain, lanyard, pulley, or in a pocket or purse. It doesn’t like to go scuba diving, get run over by a lawn mower, or to be pried open; believe it or not, people have tried this–not good.
If you would like more information about Secure Login, log into www.mris.com and click the FAQ link under the token graphic on the homepage.
If you would like to share feedback on this article, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.