RISMEDIA, March 17, 2008-The New Jersey Association of Realtors® Educational Foundation (NJAREF) reminds eligible participants the deadline to apply for one of 36 scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,500 each is quickly approaching. High school seniors who will be attending an undergraduate four-year institution, students currently enrolled in undergraduate four-year institutions and students pursuing graduate studies in real estate or allied fields are eligible to apply.
“The Foundation is extremely pleased that this year we will be able to put $54,250 towards furthering the education opportunities for New Jersey’s students,” said NJAREF President Christine Caggiano. “The aim of our organization is to help extremely dedicated students gain access to postsecondary education through our financial support. This scholarship program is an amazing way to give back to the students in the communities where we live and work.”
NJAREF is a non-profit organization that was established in 1969 to foster education, promote knowledge, conduct research, and assist in the education of students pursuing a college or university degree. In 1969, the Foundation received its first major gift of $10,000, followed by other large donations “in memoriam” throughout the years. Today, the scholarship program continues to grow because of the generous support of NJAR® members and the local boards/associations of Realtors®.
Criteria for selection of this year’s scholarships include academic achievements, financial needs, interest in real estate endeavors, and contribution to family, school and community. Additionally, applicants must reside in New Jersey and be a member or relative of a member of the New Jersey Association of Realtors (NJAR). The William J. Carlton Memorial Award is available to applicants from Mercer, Middlesex or Somerset counties. There will be no limitations as to location of college attended provided an applicant is a resident of New Jersey.
For more information, visit http://www.njar.com.
The following is a complete list of scholarships. The number of awards available is indicated in parentheses.
(1) Sponsored by the Monmouth County Association of Realtors
(1) Dean A. Gallo Memorial Award sponsored by the North Central Jersey Association of Realtors
(1) Michael A. Campbell Award sponsored by the North Central Jersey Association of Realtors
(2) Nancy Reynolds Memorial Awards
(1) Sponsored by the Greater Union County Association of Realtors
(1) Nutter/Schwartz Award sponsored by the Burlington Camden County Association of Realtors
(1) Atlantic City & County Board of Realtors Award
(1) Cape May County Association of Realtors, Inc. Award in memory of Ruth McCormick
(1) Hunterdon/Somerset Association of Realtors Award in honor of Claudia Pascale
(1) Hunterdon/Somerset Association of Realtors Award in honor of Frank Freehauf
(1) Mercer County Association of Realtors Award in memory of Jerry Lancaster
(1) Ocean County Board of Realtors Award in memory of Gertrude Stefanik
(1) Jay P. Okun Foundation, Inc. Award
(1) RealSource Association of Realtors Award in memory of Celia Krieger
(1) Eastern Bergen County Board of Realtors Award
(1) Sponsored by the Stefanik Family in memory of Gertrude Stefanik
(2) Sponsored by the New Jersey Association of Realtors Educational Foundation
(10) Sponsored by the New Jersey Association of Realtors Educational Foundation
(2) Sponsored by the New Jersey MLS
(1) Sponsored by the New Jersey Chapter Certified Residential Specialists
(1) Gloucester Salem Counties Board of Realtors Award in memory of Clarence White
(1) William J. Carlton Memorial Award
(1) Sponsored by the Re/Max Broker Owner Council
(1) Sponsored by the West Essex Board of Realtors