RISMEDIA, March 18, 2008-Real estate agents who have the strongest relationships with their prospects, clients and past clients will do best in a slow housing market, says Simon Payn, a real estate newsletter expert. An agent who has taken the time to build a strong relationship with his or her farm will be in the best position to win business, he says.
The realty newsletter expert advises Realtors to start today building better links with prospects, clients and past clients.
One of the best ways to do this is by using a newsletter, he says.
He gives the following seven tips for any agent planning to publish a real estate marketing newsletter:
1. Create content that is interesting to readers. Good realty newsletters aren’t about the agent, they are about the client. Your real estate newsletter content should make readers’ lives easier by providing content they find useful.
2. Publish the newsletter on a regular basis — ideally monthly. Readers will come to expect and look forward to a newsletter if it arrives to a regular schedule.
3. Include content that readers will want to keep. Recipes, useful hints and tips, and local information will encourage clients to keep your real estate newsletter — maybe even post it on the fridge or keep it in a binder for frequent reference.
4. Make the newsletter appear personal, not corporate. The best way to create a connection with clients is to make it appear as if you have made the newsletter yourself. Clients are more likely to read a newsletter that looks as if it is home-made.
5. Write a personal column in the newsletter, revealing something about your personality, your family or your hobbies. Try to recreate the personal connection you make with people, but this time in print.
6. Make an offer in your newsletter of a free appraisal or comparative analysis. Encourage people to contact you by promoting an attractive offer. Offer real value to clients that shows you care about their well-being.
7. Use your newsletter in particular to keep in touch with past clients. If you send a realty newsletter on a monthly basis consistently, it’s quite likely your past clients will contact you again when they are planning to move house.
A newsletter is one of the most powerful methods real estate agents can use to build relationships and create a regular stream of listings and new business.
For more information, visit http://www.readytogonewsletters.com/