RISMedia releases comprehensive book on succeeding with the team concept
RISMEDIA, May 5, 2008-RISMedia, publisher of Real Estate magazine and the Power Team Report, recently debuted its new book, Power Teams: The Complete Guide to Building and Managing a Winning Real Estate Agent Team, by RISMedia President & CEO John Featherston and top-producing Broker/Owner and Team Leader Ralph Roberts.
Identifying the growing presence of agent teams on today’s real estate playing field and recognizing the void in information specifically for and about teams, Featherston and Roberts set out to create Power Teams last year. Besides drawing from personal insights and experiences in their storied real estate careers, the authors interviewed many of the country’s top teams. Power Teams, therefore, not only includes a step-by-step guide to forming an agent team, but the best practices of teams who have already reached a notable level of success.
“Being a real estate agent just isn’t what it used to be,” said Featherston. “Today’s real estate consumers are more sophisticated and knowledgeable than ever before. Ralph and I both believe that in order to remain competitive, agents have to do much more-place more phone calls, ramp up their marketing efforts, offer additional services, and spend more time with their clients to better understand the needs of today’s real estate consumers. Many agents are feeling the strain and looking to the team concept as a solution for themselves and their customers. In Power Teams, we help agents-and brokers-overcome the obstacles of creating and succeeding with an agent teams.”
“Power Teams is the most comprehensive guide for real estate teams I have seen,” said Dave Liniger, co-founder and chairman of RE/MAX International, Inc. “At RE/MAX, one in 10 of our members is classified as a Team Leader. So, we are making a commitment as part of our overall strategy to support and build teams within our system. We also recognize that teams represent a significant opportunity to recruit talent in today’s marketplace, and Power Teams will provide a practical blueprint on how teams can be profitable and efficiently integrate into existing real estate companies.”
Power Teams sets out to:
– Define and explain the agent team concept
– Review the various agent team models
– Help agents decide whether the agent team concept is right for them
– Show agents how to build a team from the ground up
Designed to be the definitive resource for fledgling and seasoned teams alike, Power Teams is packed with proven strategies and best practices from leading real estate agent teams across the country. Among the targeted topics covered in the book are:
– Why? Grasping the Real Estate Agent Sales Team Concept
– Team Models: What Type of Agent Team will Work for You?
– Getting the Timing Right: Knowing When to Start an Agent Team
– Building a Team as a True Business Entity and Salable Asset
– Transitioning from Independent Agent to Team Leader
– Mastering the Art of Delegating
– Equipping Your Team with the Tools and Technologies to Succeed
– Communicating and Collaborating Effectively with Team Members
– Creating a Lucrative Financial Environment for Team Members
– Boosting Sales and Profits with Team-Based Selling
– Managing Conflict: Prevention and Resolution
– Marketing Your Team to Build a Strong Brand Presence
– Teaming up with Your Broker for Your Mutual Benefit
– Safely Navigating the Legal Minefield
Power Teams also includes a special section just for brokers on how to successfully co-exist with the team’s in their office.
To order you copy of Power Teams, available in both soft- and hard-cover versions, please click here, or call 1-800-724-6000.