RISMEDIA, July 3, 2008-In keeping with its reputation as an expert in buyer behavior, Obeo’s recent survey reveals significant findings regarding gender’s impact on the process of purchasing a home.
According to a survey of more than 500 adult respondents conducted by National Polling Service on behalf of Obeo, a leading provider of full-service residential real estate online marketing products in North America:
– 41% of women surveyed began their search for a new home on-line, while 25% of all males did the same; interestingly enough, more men (28.5%) initiated their search by contacting a real estate agent.
– 52.6% of all women surveyed searched 21 or more homes on-line compared to 45% of men surveyed
– While price was considered the most important home feature to consider by both men and women, 13.2% of men surveyed said the size of a home was the primary feature to consider compared to 4.4% of all women
– More than half (51.3%) of those women home buyers surveyed were more inclined to search for homes in both familiar and unfamiliar neighborhoods compared to 39.6% of men.
– 94% of all women surveyed said photos of a home would be very helpful in their search for a home while nearly 70% said 360-degree panoramas would be very helpful.
– More than 72% of all respondents found the interactive nature of Obeo – like being able to virtually change certain design elements of a home — helpful in their search for a home.
“We know that today’s home buyers are more knowledgeable about the process in general and have higher expectations of information provided regarding the homes in which they are interested,” said Obeo CEO Glade Jones. “What this survey provides with its in-depth demographic analysis is a map to better serving that end consumer.”
“By providing Realtors® with this breadth of information as well as a marketing platform to meet the consumer needs, we believe we are providing a valuable solution to the real estate industry,” said Alan Earl, senior vice president of sales and marketing.
For more information, visit www.obeo.com.