RISMEDIA, Sept. 17, 2008-REOMAC, the premier not-for-profit trade association serving the mortgage default industry nationwide, will hold its fall conference titled, “Building Tomorrow’s Destiny Today,” Oct. 15-17 at the Westin Diplomat, located at 3555 South Ocean Drive in Hollywood, Fla. More than 1,500 default industry professionals from throughout the United States will participate in this three-day event, which provides educational workshops highlighting timely industry concerns that affect day-to-day operations, and evaluation of current and prospective legislative issues facing default professionals.
“The fall conference’s education and networking opportunities will provide something for everyone,” said Shelley Kaye, REOMAC president. “Participation will be a true benefit to both default professionals and their companies. We are also very excited to offer REOMAC’s lender/servicer members complimentary registration.”
REOMAC’s fall conference will also host two keynote speakers this year. Bill Rancic, business entrepreneur and Apprentice television show winner, will be speaking on Thursday, Oct. 16 from 9-10 a.m. Then on Friday, Oct. 17, nationally renowned economist Christopher Thornberg, Ph.D. will lead “Our Economy, Our Industry, Our Future.” The one-hour session will discuss the current national economic state and what it means for the default industry.
The conference’s primary focus is on education and learning to adapt within the changing market. REOMAC will host profession-specific sessions for lenders, outsourcers, attorneys, title agents and brokers. Additionally, other presentations and workshops by leading experts will provide the latest insight about a variety of topics, including:
– “Litigation & Regulation” – A distinguished panel will share insight about recent contested adversary proceedings, class action lawsuits and recent and pending legislation.
– “Valuations, Pricing & Today’s Market” – An overview of realistic pricing strategies for REO properties in the current real estate market.
– “Loss Mitigation – How it Can Work for Everyone” – Industry experts from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the servicing community lead a discussion about loss mitigation.
– “Code Enforcement & HOA’s” – Learn about the requirements of property owners and how REO professionals can protect themselves from HOA’s, vacant property registrations and code violations.
– “Safety First” – Everyday brokers, agents and field inspectors walk into unfamiliar and possibly unsafe situations. Speaker Rafael Dagnesses, a former Los Angeles Police Department officer and U.S. Marine, will share how to plan for occupancy checks, engage occupants and defend your life, if needed.
For more information, visit www.REOMAC.com.