RISMEDIA, January 12, 2009-Coldwell Banker Burnet, a leading real estate brokerage serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin, announced that it has launched three phases of a new mobile real estate information service that gives home buyers convenient access to local home for sale information using CellSigns’ Mobile AgentTM tools.
The Mobile Agent service enables home buyers to access property information in three ways:
– Use their cell phones to perform a text message search of all homes on the market by Property Address, Street Name, MLS ID Number, Neighborhood, and other criteria. (Text 353052 to 74362 or Text 4368 Vernon to 74362)
– Use their cell phones in conjunction with Coldwell Banker Burnet’s exclusive Home InfoLine to electronically retrieve detailed property descriptions and photographs. Consumers call the Home InfoLine, key in a property ID number and receive property information on their cell phones. (Call 952.844.3000 or 888.844.3002 and enter 353052)
– Access property information via a mobile Internet site that has been formatted and optimized for cell phones. (Visit http://m.cbburnet.com and search by Address, City, Zip, or MLS ID.)
Robin Peterson, president of Coldwell Banker Burnet, said, “The Internet and other technology tools have totally changed the way consumers search for real estate. Now, the technology has gone totally mobile, eliminating the need for home buyers to be tied to their computer. We’re pleased to offer our new eMobile service, which helps home buyers quickly and conveniently obtain property information on their cell phone from anywhere, 24/7.”
According to the company Mobile Agent also offers consumers the following features and benefits:
– Information on comparable properties with similar prices and features.
– Click-to-Call feature empowers consumers to instantly connect to their Coldwell Banker Burnet sales associate.
– Activity tracking of all homes viewed, along with mapping of the properties. (After using the service, go to http://mymoag.com and log in using your cell phone number.)
– Mobile Agent works on all cell phones without downloads or special phone browsers.
Mark Ford, CEO of CellSigns Inc. said, “We are pleased to add Coldwell Banker Burnet and their 27 offices and 2300 agents to our growing list of clients. It clearly demonstrates their commitment to provide a higher level of service in their market by offering mobile access for their buyers and agents on more than 40,000 properties in the local MLS. It’s the perfect service during this changing market, and fills the gap where the Internet leaves off. A buyer inevitably leaves their computer and begins traveling around town in search of the ideal home.
Our service gives buyers important access to any home for sale, anytime, anywhere.”
The popularity of text messaging has never been greater. Text messaging usage continues to increase by more than 150% year over year. As of June 2008, CTIA, the international association for the wireless telecommunications industry, estimated that more than 75 billion text messages were sent/received in the United States every month.
For more information, visit www.cellsigns.com.