RISMEDIA, December 4, 2009—With the holidays quickly approaching, there is still time to consider enjoying the festivities and loved ones on a stress-free cruise vacation. Here are the top ten reasons why everyone should cruise through the holidays:
1. Hang up that apron. There is no need to entertain, cook or clean up while onboard, unless a traveler is singing karaoke for their friends, or participating in a culinary lesson onboard. Let the cruise lines worry about preparing the special holiday meals, or rather, all of the meals since all food is included in the price of the cruise. Many cruise lines offer special holiday cuisine and treats during a holiday sailing such as cookies and hot cocoa up on deck.
2. Spend quality time together as a family. A cruise allows family members and even extended family and friends to spend time together through fun activities on the ship and excursions in the ports of call. Many large families may even split up to pursue their own interests during the day and meet up for dinner every evening back on the ship. By enjoying a walk on the deck together, playing miniature golf, watching a movie, or catching a show, it’s a nice time to connect with family members.
3. Save money. CruiseDeals.com has been able to reduce rates dramatically in order to sell the remaining 2009 cabins. So this year, many people can actually afford to take a cruise during the holidays. Holiday cruises are typically expensive, but this year it’s possible to celebrate the season onboard at very affordable rates. Now is the time to try out a new cruise line or a new ship at these rare low prices.
4. Embrace the diversity of activities. There is such a variety of events and activities on most cruise ships geared for all different generations that no one in the family will be bored. Many ships offer a range of special kids clubs, teen zones, arcades, and outdoor sports and recreation areas for the kids and the young at heart to stay busy, while keeping the adults entertained at the pool, in the spa and fitness center, or perhaps in the casino.
5. Take in the beautiful holiday decorations. There’s no better way to get into the holiday spirit than by walking around a ship adorned with twinkling lights and dazzling greenery.
6. Enjoy the special holiday events onboard. Families can listen to holiday carolers, see a special seasonal performance, or visit with Santa and his reindeer. Many ships also hold religious services for those who wish to attend onboard.
7. Give the kids some attention. A holiday cruise is a great option for families because the kids are out of school, and many parents are already planning to take the week off from work to care for them. Kids will get undivided attention, learn a little geography and enjoy new experiences.
8. Celebrate New Years at sea. Most cruise lines go all out for New Years Eve parties, and the best part is, the adults can safely celebrate on the ship and not need to worry about driving home afterwards.
9. Escape the cold. Nothing beats catching some warm rays on the sundeck with family when it is 15 degrees back home in the Midwest.
10. Bond with family. A holiday cruise allows people to bond with their families, and perhaps start a new annual holiday tradition. They will create fun vacation memories everyone will cherish.
For more information, visit www.CruiseDeals.com.