RISMEDIA, March 15, 2010—In recognition of National Nutrition Month, Botanic Choice has revealed its list of top 10 healthy habits for eating on the run. With a little planning anyone can eat healthier wherever their day takes them.
1. Keep fresh fruits and pre-cut vegetables washed and ready to eat. If they’re within reach, they’ll be easy to snack on.
2. Stock up at the grocer’s deli. Rotisserie chicken, vegetables and fruit salads are instant healthy meals.
3. Even though it may look like a better value, skip the ‘super-sized’ or ‘combo’ meals that offer much more food and calories than needed.
4. Keep extra snack-sized canned fruit, crackers, or soup in the kitchen cupboard or desk at work.
5. Carry dried fruits, raisins, granola bars or nuts in the car so there’s always a healthy option.
6. When ordering from a sandwich shop, ask for less meat and cheese and more vegetables.
7. Lighten up on the mayo.
8. Skip the chips or fries. Most restaurants will substitute fruit or salad.
9. Take a pass on the all-you-can-eat buffets. The temptation is too great to make sure you get your money’s worth.
10. Have your salad dressing on the side so you can control the amount.
For more information, visit www.botanicchoice.com.