RISMEDIA, August 2, 2010—(MCT)—As the summer season continues to heat up, travel companies are providing tempting summer deals to entice families to get out of the house. If you are looking to pack more fun into the rest of your summer, here are five ideas.
1. Jackson Hole, Wyo. Two top resorts within this beautiful region have teamed up to offer the five-day, four-night Best of the Tetons package. It includes lodging for four at Jackson Lake Lodge in Grand Teton National Park and the Snake River Lodge & Spa in Teton Village. Families will also get a cruise on scenic Jackson Lake and a rafting trip on the Snake River, breakfast daily, plus a $50 resort credit for use at the spa, golf and tennis club or for dining. Valid through Oct. 30. Contact: 1-800-628-9988; www.gtlc.com
2. SeaWorld, Orlando, Fla. Treat the family to a last-minute summer escape to SeaWorld. Located across the street from the theme park, the Renaissance Orlando makes it easier to say yes by offering deluxe guest rooms, a free glass of champagne or cider upon arrival, free meals for kids, a free pizza and soft drink each evening plus a free family-friendly in-room movie. Adults may want to take advantage of the 10% discount on spa services. The Family Escape Package is available through Sept. 30. Use promotional code P50.
Contact: 1-800-327-6677; www.renaissanceseaworld.com; www.seaworldorlando.com
3. Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, Louisville, Ky. A special exhibit showcases the contribution to baseball made by black players. The exhibit is based on the award-winning young persons’ book titled: We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball. Family members will see one-of-a-kind paintings and sketches by the book’s author and artist, Kadir Nelson.
View rare baseball artifacts on loan from a private collection and learn more about game greats such as Willie Mays, Roy Campanella and Satchel Paige, who changed the sport forever. Contact: 1-877-775-8443; www.sluggermuseum.org
4. Kids Fly Free to Fiji. Have you ever dreamed of lying on the beach or exploring the lush rain forests of Fiji? Air Pacific, Fiji’s international airline makes it possible for parents to visit the idyllic South Pacific islands without leaving the kids behind. Buy your tickets by Sept. 30. Travel Aug. 1 through Feb. 28. One child flies free (plus taxes) with each accompanying adult. Some restrictions apply.
Contact: 1-800-227-4446. www.airpacific.com
5. Breckenridge, Colo. Take advantage of the Peak 8 Fun Park Package and enjoy luxury condominium accommodations at the recently opened One Ski Hill Place through Sept. 7. Guests will receive four half-day passes to the slope-side Fun Park, where alpine slides, mountain biking, mini golf, climbing walls, trampolines, gemstone panning and Colorado’s largest human maze will keep the family engaged. Later, explore the Rocky Mountain hillsides on foot or horseback and enjoy the clear night skies. Contact: 1-888-906-6303; www.oneskihill.com
(c) 2010, The Dallas Morning News.
Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.