RISMEDIA, August 18, 2010—How real is the economic recovery, and when will the turnaround begin for the real estate industry? What are the opportunities and pitfalls developers are seeing in the current real estate market? How are smaller- scale developers coping, and how are they repositioning their companies? Where are prices beginning to stabilize? What holds the most promise, in terms of long-term growth? How are demographics driving the industry? How have economic realities changed developers’ goals of achieving green and sustainable designs?
These are just a few of the many land-use related topics to be discussed by leading industry experts at the Urban Land’s Institute’s 2010 Fall Meeting and Urban Land Expo in Washington DC. This year’s Fall Meeting is set for October 12 – 15, 2010 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
The Fall Meeting, which is ULI’s major annual event, offers “the best of the best” in terms of prominent guest speakers, knowledgeable panelists, industry experts and content-rich real estate sessions. Join more than 6,000 leaders from every sector of the real estate and land use industry as they share strategies, current trends, and opportunities in today’s market.
Among the general session keynote speakers: Sheila Bair, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC); Bill Marriott, Chairman and CEO, Marriott International; and Larry Sabato, Professor and Director of University of Virginia Center for Politics.
Lots of sessions on trends, trends, and more trends:
• Hot New Trends in Hospitality: Moving from Simmer to Sizzle
• Technology and Real Estate: What is the Real Value?
• Renewed Retail Opportunities: Innovative Approaches to Repositioning Retail Properties As Economic Drivers
• Making Smart Growth Happen: Creating Successful Regional Alliances for Sustainable Development
• Characteristics of Global Capital During 2011-2012
• Regional Economic Drivers: Where and When Will the Jobs Show Up
• Housing in America
• What Matters: Early Lessons from the 2010 Census
• Can We Sustain Sustainability in a Down Economy—at Zero Net Cost?
• New Developments in Transit Oriented Development
• Using Federal Dollars to Spur Development
• Entrepreneurial Development Strategies for Targeted Infill Development
• Resorts 2.0: The New Normal. How Resorts are Restructuring, Repositioning and Rethinking the World of Leisure
• The Future Direction of Surface Transportation Policy and What It Means for YOU
• The Verdant Capital: Getting Federal Green to be Green
• Capital Markets: What Do Today and Tomorrow Look Like?
• Beyond the Big Box: Recycling and Repurposing Distressed Commercial Assets
• The New Sustainable Cities Initiative: How the Federal Government is Taking the Lead
• New Real Estate Models to Meet the New Demographic
• Reducing Risk and Liability in Infrastructure Projects
• Elevating Green Building to the New Sustainable Water Paradigm
• Global Power City Index -2010
To register or for a complete listing of sessions and events at the 2010 ULI Fall Meeting, visit the program section of the web site at: http://www.ulifall.org/program