RISMEDIA, April 28, 2011—The search power of Realtor.com is now available on the iPad at http://www.realtor.com/mobile/iPad, the company has announced. Launched by Move, Inc., the Realtor.com iPad app is the only real estate search app delivering everything from listings with maps and GPS directions to personalization tools that keep users organized and connected when searching across country or across town, the company stated. Realtor.com mobile apps are also the only real estate search apps with access to Realtor.com, the largest and most accurate collection of online property listings, with more than 80 percent of all property listings updated every 15 minutes.
Currently, 10 properties are viewed every second on a Realtor.com mobile app, including the iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7, and iPad. Realtor.com mobile apps have been downloaded 3.6 million times and active users have increased by 79 percent in four months.
“With a Realtor.com mobile app, there’s no waiting or wondering anymore if a property is on or off the market, how much it costs, or if it will fit your needs,” says Steve Berkowitz, chief executive officer of Move, Inc., and operator of Realtor.com.
“Mobile is changing the way people buy and sell homes, and our iPad app opens up real estate to millions of people with an amazing visual search experience. It combines mobile’s instant gratification and investigative component that everyone loves with Move’s search technology. We’re very excited to expand our mobile offerings and deliver the power of Realtor.com to millions of iPad users,” Berkowitz continues.
The Realtor.com iPad app enables users to explore the following options:
• Draw Your Own Search Boundaries anywhere in the U.S. with Area Highlighter. It’s fast and allows for hyper-local searches down to street levels. Tap the Show More Listings button, and more properties instantly populate the map. Use the iPad’s finger controls to slide, pinch, zoom and pan through a map to drill down into a neighborhood or particular street.
• Personalize your experience by rating properties and saving personal notes on each home for later reference or to share with an agent via email. Sort, refine or filter your search results according to what’s important to you—price, distance, square footage, etc. Create new searches for homes or open houses nationwide or nearby based on your location, MLS ID number, or by city, state, or street name. Tap My Real Estate to instantly access My Listings, My Saved Searches, or My Recent Searches.
• Stay Connected with an agent from each listing detail page via email with questions or to schedule a tour. Store their contact details within the app so it’s easier to send notes, comments and ratings about properties to your agent. Keep friends and family connected to your house hunting adventure by sharing favorite properties via email, Facebook and Twitter.
“The Realtor.com iPad app gives buyers and agents everything they need, when they need it most, to work together successfully in finding properties,” claims Realtor.com President, Errol Samuelson. “In the past year, Realtor.com mobile apps have contributed to a 240 percent increase in consumer outreach to local agents, and open house views have increased by 459 percent in just four months. Even more exciting, in-app communication between agents and consumers has increased by 148 percent since December. We’re very excited with the fast adoption of Realtor.com mobile apps by agents and consumers. We expect these numbers will only improve with the launch of our iPad app because it includes so many easy-to-use interactive features that encourage collaboration between agents and consumers.”
The Realtor.com iPad app offers other notable features including:
• Easy-to-Use results feed directly from Realtor.com to a pull down menu that floats over a map with property pins or in a magazine-style gallery view with bold photos. Switching between views and three mapping options is easy, and diving into a listing’s detail page for open house dates, property details, large photos, agent contact details, maps with GPS-based directions, and share buttons requires one touch. Scroll through the helpful search tips on the homepage.
• Self-Contained Listing Detail Pages feature maps enabling users to view properties on a street or satellite view and scan the neighborhood for items of interest. With one touch, quickly enter the information into your personal notes field saving notes on why a listing has great appeal, such as proximity to a local park or hiking trail. There’s no need to exit the app for directions, maps, or property details.
• Remain Organized by using the visual ‘check marks’ that appear on map-based property pins. Buyers can also add open house events to their calendar, and save favorite listings or frequently used searches to their Realtor.com account for later use.
For more information visit www.realtor.com.