RISMEDIA, July 19, 2011—RE/MAX of New England Executive Vice President Jay Hummer believes the housing market has turned the corner, and a recovery is now underway.
A summary of each New England state is as follows:
• Connecticut topped all New England states in June, with a 27.4% increase in home sales and an 11.5% increase in median home price.
• Maine experienced a sizeable 21.7% month-over-month increase in home sales.
• Massachusetts experienced a 10% increase in median home price in June, which ranks second only to Connecticut. Also, at just 80 days on market, homes in Massachusetts are selling faster than anywhere in New England.
• New Hampshire’s 15.5% increase in home sales marks the slowest growth in New England. However, it’s 5.4% increase in median price ranks behind only Connecticut and Massachusetts.
• After a lackluster April, Rhode Island has now posted significant month-over-month growth in both May and June. For June, Rhode Island experienced a 19.9% increase in home sales, and a 4.1% increase in median price.
• Vermont was the only New England state to experience a decline in median home price in June. However, its 22.3% increase in home sales was second only to Connecticut.
To hear more about this month’s report, we invite you to listen to and include our Monthly Housing Report Podcast as part of your story.
For more information, please visit www.remax-newengland.com.