This month at the Midyear Meetings, you and your agents can truly maximize your membership in the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. By centralizing many of NAR’s major member benefits within the REALTOR® Pavilion in the Trade Expo, we’ve made it easier for you to learn about NAR’s education opportunities, REALTOR®-friendly programs and consumer-facing resources.
Located at the center of the REALTOR® Pavilion, NAR’s Booth No. 1707 contains essential information for our members and more resources than ever. Stop by to meet some of our staff and take part in valuable initiatives:
• Customize your my.REALTOR.org website
• Learn about the new Member Value Plus (MVP) Program. You can complete the MVP action at the booth to earn your reward
• See how you can support homeownership in your community with NAR’s Home Ownership Matters campaign
• Shop the products area for business-boosting books, consumer pamphlets, research profiles and DVDs, as well as REALTOR®-logo merchandise
• Learn how you can take part in the Rally to Protect the American Dream set for Thursday, May 17, 2012
• Encourage your agents to bring issues of concern to the attention of Congress with the Broker Involvement Program
• Get updates on the REALTOR Benefits® Program, including new partner Chrysler
• Learn more about NAR’s sponsorship of the Smithsonian’s Within These Walls… exhibition and the Washington D.C. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial
Learn the Latest on Educational Offerings
Browse the REALTOR® Pavilion for a wealth of NAR education, including certifications and designations. Start with REALTOR® University (Booth No. 1901), which offers programs, courses and resources to help you learn and grow at every stage in your career. Ask about the new Master of Real Estate Degree and find out which courses are approved for continuing education credit through the School of Professional Development and Continuing Education.
There is also a row of booths (No. 1711-1913) where you can learn about NAR specialty education and courses. These include the Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist Certification (RSPS), Certified International Property Specialist Designation (CIPS), Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Designation (SRES®), Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation (ABR®), BPO Resource Certification (BPOR), Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource Certification (SFR), e-PRO® Certification (e-PRO®), and NAR’s Green Designation (GREEN).
Resources Designed to Help REALTORS®
Boost your business and enjoy some perks of membership with resources such as the REALTORS® Federal Credit Union (Booth No. 1701). Encourage your agents to join and take advantage of a full range of products and services designed for REALTORS®. In Booth No. 1800, you can check out Realtors Property ResourceTM (RPR), NAR’s national, parcel-centric database covering every parcel of property in the U.S., which is free and exclusive to REALTORS®. Learn how to utilize the information it provides.
Leverage Consumer-facing Resources
Do you know what the Public Advocacy Campaign (Booth No. 1706) is doing to build awareness of potential threats to homeownership? Discover how you can integrate the campaign materials into your 2012 marketing outreach.
Then stop by Booth No. 2007 to listen to the Real Estate Today Radio Show. Learn how to share it with your community and find out how easy it is to add the audio player to your website.
NAR’s consumer website, House-Logic.com, offers everything homeowners need to protect, maintain and enhance the value of their home. Utilize their member-facing tool, REALTOR® Content Resource (Booth No. 2000), which allows you to seamlessly repurpose the website’s content to set yourself apart as a resource in your community.
Join the REALTOR® Rally
Join thousands of REALTORS® from around the country at the Rally to Protect the American Dream of homeownership. This massive gathering of REALTORS® at the Washington Monument will draw the attention of Congress and the public, highlighting the essential role that housing plays in the nation’s economic recovery.
After the rally, return to the Expo and head to NAR’s Booth No. 1707 to take advantage of the special MVP offer:
• Drop off your “Key to Homeownership” and sign the Capitol Building Wall and get your FREE REALTOR® pin. All keys collected will be delivered to Congress after the Rally.
• Choose one of two popular NAR products FREE
• Enter raffle drawings
• Enjoy an ice cream break from 2-4 p.m. at stations throughout the Expo
• Network with colleagues at the Expo cash bar from 4-6 p.m.
For more information on the Midyear Trade Expo, visit www.realtor.org/midyear.nsf/pages/expo.