Short sales continue to play a part in the real estate landscape and sources show that this niche will thrive well into 2013. Even though short sales can be difficult to close, there are many reasons why they should be a part of your main business strategy with a specific marketing plan behind them.
1. Listing Exposure – Is there a specific market or neighborhood that you want to focus on? We’ve all heard that listings are the name of the game and it’s all because having a sign on a property allows for massive exposure. If you’re looking to break into a new market area, prospecting specifically to distressed sellers can help you gain credibility as well as unique positioning against your competitors. It also allows you to get your sign up on the property and bring brand awareness.
2. Generate Additional Seller Leads – Statistics show that when one property goes up for sale in a neighborhood, there are typically other homeowners who are contemplating putting their home on the market. Having a listing allows you to market the property with a sign, take advantage of ‘Just Listed’ farming and more, providing top of mind positioning to other potential sellers.
3. Generate Buyers Instantly – Imagine generating buyer leads in the target market where you want to grow your business. To do this, leverage your listings by running ads to build your buyer lead pipeline. By advertising your short sale listing, you can turn on the lead faucet and spin off those leads to look at other properties as well.
4. Showcase Your Results – It’s great to put that “Under Contract” sign up to show that you’re creating results. In addition, leverage the sale through showcasing it on your website as a closed transaction as well as farming in the community to show sellers that you are the expert when it comes to listing and selling homes.
5. Build and Grow a Pipeline of Future Business – The sellers you help with a short sale transaction will be looking for a fresh start. Who better to help them buy again, once they get on their feet, than you? Nothing is stronger than a referral and these folks will shout it from the rooftops to promote you because you helped them.
Tricia Andreassen is the CEO/founder of Pro Step Marketing and owner of RealtyBizCoach.com. She is an author, speaker and coach specializing in Web marketing and lead generation tactics. She is also a monthly columnist for RISMedia’s Real Estate magazine and a speaker for the Broker Agent Speakers Bureau.
For more information, please visit www.ProStepMarketing.com.