Most of us were raised by parents who had depression era scarcity beliefs about money and working harder.
Some of these beliefs may be instilled in your subconscious. Not convinced? Do any of the following sound familiar?
• I have to work long, hard hours
• I have to struggle and sacrifice
• I have to give up time for my family and friends
• I won’t be able to have fun or practice self-care
• I have to be everything to everyone
• Others needs come before my own
If you answered yes to any of these—but especially the last two–than you may be running around trying to please people and make sure everyone is happy. This is a sure way to have too much on your plate and have a scarcity of time.
When you put these all together, it doesn’t make success seem very appealing, does it? Why would anyone every want to suffer like that?
If you want to kick this habit, then the first step is replacing these old beliefs with new empowering ones.
For example, if you really want to work smarter, then you need to discover the origins of those self-limiting beliefs and help you pull them out by the roots, like pulling out weeds.
Once you have found the origins, you’ll create a vacuum and into that vacuum will go your new empowered beliefs, such as:
• Success means I work smarter, not harder
• I easily create success with ease
• As I am successful, I create a balance between my personal and professional life
• I always have plenty of time for fun, rest, self-care and self-maintenance.
• I am so happy and grateful that the only person’s approval I need is my own.
• My needs are as important as anyone else’s.
The second step is learning to delegate.
It’s impossible to do it all on your own. Trying to do it alone only leads to “burn out.” Trusting staff to take care of the details frees you up to do the things that will generate more income.
Here are a few beliefs you’ll need to let go of to delegate successfully:
• If I want it done right I have to do it myself
• Everything I do needs to be perfect
• People only let me down, I can’t trust anyone.
• I should do it all
• I can’t trust anyone to not make mistakes
The third step is to remember that you get what you focus on.
If you want abundance, then you need to focus on abundance and FEEL what it feels like.
If you desire is to make a multiple 6 figure income, then spend time contemplating what that feels like. Focus in on the feelings you have, such as joy, satisfaction, security, confidence, empowerment.
If your mind veers away from abundance and starts to dwell on what you DON’T have, then intervene on your own behalf; say “stop,” and switch your focus. Like attracts like, so focus on how it will be to receive what you want.
One of my favorite authors, Louise Hay, says “happiness is feeling good about yourself.”
So for you to achieve success, you need to be feeling good about yourself. I know this how difficult this can be; when you’re not already achieving the level of success you want, it’s very common to start putting yourself down. In fact most of my clients have the belief that they “need to be hard on themselves in order to achieve success.”
Actually nothing could be further from the truth. When you put yourself down in your heart you lower your energy and you de-motivate yourself.
Remember you get back what you give out.
For more information, visit www.90daystomoreclients.com.