Lee adds that the Prudential Real Estate network enjoys one of the industry’s highest average selling prices and that its agents stand out as local-market experts. “Affiliate to affiliate, Prudential Real Estate sales professionals have a strong work ethic and drive for client satisfaction. These prestigious awards further underscore our agents’ success and the quality of our network.”
Among other survey findings:
• First-time home buyers and sellers are most influenced by a company’s good reputation and the recommendations they receive from friends, family and colleagues.
• More than one-third (35 percent) of first-time home buyers and 27 percent of first-time sellers indicate they selected their real estate company based on its reputation.
• 28 percent of first-time home buyers and 27 percent of first-time sellers selected their company based on recommendations.
• Overall satisfaction with real estate companies is higher among repeat customers compared to first-time buyers or sellers.
• Suggesting better times in residential real estate, the percentage of first-time home sellers increased to 44 percent in 2013 from 30 percent in 2012.
• The percentage of first-time home buyers also increased significantly, 49 percent in 2013 vs. 40 percent a year ago.
The 2013 Home Buyer/Seller Study includes 4,371 evaluations from 3,930 respondents who bought or sold a home between March 2012 and April 2013.
For more information, visit jdpower.com.