Here’s the good news: it doesn’t matter how many self-limiting beliefs you have. They were installed in your subconscious mind when you were growing up, and they are not the truth about who you are. Therefore they can be changed. It’s not your fault the self-limiting beliefs are in there in the first place, but it is your responsibility to release them and reprogram them instead of carrying them around as extra baggage as you go through your life.
Here are the most common self-limiting beliefs about success:
• Being successful means working long hard hours, struggling and sacrifice
• Being successful means I won’t have balance in my life
• Being successful means that people will be jealous of me
• If I am successful, I’ll lose my core identity
• If I am successful, I will be overwhelmed
Obviously, if you are afraid of success and you have these beliefs about what success does to you, then doesn’t it make sense to procrastinate?
When you procrastinate, you are sabotaging your success. Consciously, you want to overcome your procrastination, but subconsciously, these beliefs are really running the show.
Here are some common self-limiting beliefs about money:
• There is never enough money
• I don’t deserve to have money
• Rich people are greedy
• Money is the root of all evil
The problem is, they’re not true. We don’t live in the universe of scarcity, we live in a universe of abundance. If you believe that there is never enough money, then you will create a life in which there is never enough money. Is that what you want to do or would you rather believe in abundance and thereby attract abundance to you?