WAV Group, a leader in real estate technology, strategic planning, research, business and product development, has released a whitepaper titled, “2013 Broker Website Effectiveness Study,” the company has announced.
The whitepaper, written by WAV Group, surveyed the Google Analytics accounts of broker websites representing 7,500,000 monthly visitors as the subject for insight on consumers’ access to broker websites, and also garnered insights on the impact of social media, mobile, listing syndication and search engines, the company reports. This report is positioned to provide a consumer counterpoint to industry perspectives about broker websites to help the industry be more well-informed when making decisions about broker online marketing strategies.
“The whitepaper confounds much of the vendor marketing hype about the impact of mobile, social media, SEO, and listing syndication on broker effectiveness. The strength of the broker brand still rules supreme in garnering website traffic to broker sites,” says Victor Lund, partner of WAV Group. “This study has found that consumers strongly believe broker websites are, in fact, very valuable tools. They not only help improve the value of the broker, but help the consumer identify and buy homes more efficiently.”
• 68 percent of consumers access a broker website by either typing in the URL or using a brand related keyword phrase in a search engine.
• Referral traffic from franchise brands have dropped over 30 percent since 2008.
• Listing syndication represents 12 percent of traffic to broker websites, up from 2 percent in 2008.
• Social media represents 5 percent of consumer traffic to broker websites.
• 7.5 percent of referral traffic comes from automated email alerts
Click here to download the complete report online.
For more information, visit www.wavgroup.com.