The latest Homes.com Local Market Index reports the following:
• Monthly increases in all 100 of the top 100 markets and in 193 of the 200 midsized markets.
• Honolulu, Hawaii remains the top gaining market on a year-over-year basis with a 29.17 index point or 13.51 percent increase.
• California markets [Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.; San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif., San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.; Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.] are the remaining 4 in top 5 and increased 25.26, 24.60, 24.19 and 20.16 index points respectively.
• Six of the top 10 monthly gaining markets are in the West (up from two in the previous month), followed by four from the South.
• Highlights from the Homes.com Rebound Report for the top 100 markets show:
• 22 have made more than a 100 percent rebound, indicating a complete recovery in these markets. This is up from 19 markets posting a full recovery in last month’s report.