The latest Homes.com Local Market Index reports the following:
• Year-over-year increases in all top 300 markets.
• Monthly increases in 89 of the top 100 markets and in 164 of the 200 midsized markets.
• Honolulu, Hawaii remains the top gaining market on a year-over-year basis with a 25.19 index point or 11.32 percent increase.
• California markets [Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.; San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif., San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.; Oxnard- Thousand Oaks-Ventura, Calif.] are the remaining 4 in the top 5. They increased 24.97, 24.75, 24.57 and 18.43 index points, respectively, but are only an average of 31 percent back to recovery.
• Nine of the top 10 monthly gaining markets from the top 100 are in the West, up from 6 in the previous month.
Highlights from the Homes.com Rebound Report for the top 300 markets show:
• 77 have made more than a 100 percent rebound, indicating a complete recovery in these markets. This is an increase from 64 markets in the previous reporting period.