For the sixth consecutive year, RE/MAX, LLC ranked as the leading real estate franchise in the 2014 Franchise Times Top 200. The exhaustive annual survey is based upon 2013 worldwide sales and growth and includes franchisors from a wide variety of business sectors.
“Our philosophy at RE/MAX has always been very simple,” says Margaret Kelly, RE/MAX CEO. “Attract new franchisees by providing support services and competitive advantages that help them succeed. It’s why we continue to grow, innovate and evolve.”
In the 2014 Franchise Times Top 200:
- RE/MAX ranked No. 12 overall. The closest real estate franchises were ranked #28 and #45.
- RE/MAX gained two places over its standing in 2013.
- RE/MAX also ranked No. 2 in the “Top 10 Sales Growth” category.
- Overall, four of the top five spots in the rankings were claimed by fast food franchises, including No. 1 McDonald’s, No. 3 KFC, No. 4 SUBWAY and No. 5 Burger King.
RE/MAX reported 2013 year-end performance:
- Net gain of 4,220 agents, a 5 percent increase
- 11 countries added to international footprint
- Franchise sales topped 700 for fourth consecutive year
- Revenue up 11 percent over 2012
For the second consecutive year, RE/MAX was also the highest-ranked real estate brokerage in Entrepreneur magazine’s2014Franchise 500. RE/MAX was named on Entrepreneur’s Fastest-Growing and Low-Cost franchise lists and received the highest global ranking among real estate brokerage franchises.
Founded in 1973, RE/MAX completed a successful public offering one year ago, and trades under the ticker symbol RMAX on the New York Stock Exchange. After four decades of industry innovations, RE/MAX continues to adapt and change with the real estate market and expand around the world.
For more information, visit www.remax.com.