Realogy Holdings Corp. recently announced a succession leadership program available exclusively to Realogy’s brand-affiliated business owners and their identified potential successors so they can strategically chart their own course for their company’s future. The Ascend Executive Leadership Experience is a transformational educational offering developed specifically by the Realogy Franchise Group for its franchisees across all Realogy’s brands, which include Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, ERA®, and Sotheby’s International Realty®.
Planning for a company’s long-term viability is a business owner’s most important role, yet all too often, companies struggle to implement successful leadership transitions. In 2012, only 30 percent of family businesses made it to the second generation and just 12 percent made it to the third generation, according to The Family Business Institute.
“There are many aspects to succession planning: choosing the right candidate, preparing him or her for leadership and flawlessly executing the transition”, says Alex Perriello, president and chief executive officer, Realogy Franchise Group. “We know that successful ownership transitions are critically important to business continuity and should not be left to chance or wishful thinking. It takes time to adequately prepare the successor candidate and the entire organization for a new phase of stewardship – and that’s where Ascend can make a huge difference.”
The curriculum has been built to prepare “tomorrow’s broker/owner” to get ready to lead an organization, to understand the most critical industry trends and issues, to think and act strategically about the business and how to positively impact the growth and profitability of the organization going forward. Ascend is an intense, year-long learning experience focusing on leadership techniques from the real-world of real estate.
The Ascend curriculum includes:
- Forty-six (46) weeks of continuous learning, including 12 full days of live facilitation delivered as 3-day quarterly sessions, culminating in a final-presentation case study by each participant
- A cascading learning process to help develop one’s leadership of Self, Others and Organizations
- Professional instruction from across Realogy’s brands and the real estate industry
- Peer-to-peer learning and business insights from some of Realogy’s highest-performing affiliated brokers
- Online and self-paced modules that address more than 35 key leadership topics including; strategic planning, financial analysis, culture, innovation, diversity and communication skills, among others
- Upon graduation, unique membership in the Ascend Alumni Association that will provide ongoing best practice sharing and interaction with fellow graduates and executive leadership from across the Realogy Franchise Group.
The opportunity to apply for participation in this program opens in early November, with classes beginning in April 2015. For more information, Realogy’s affiliated business owners can contact their respective brand’s senior leadership team.
For more information, visit www.realogy.com.