Homesnap has just launched an agent Safety Timer and Distress Alert in its mobile agent-only Homesnap Pro app that are intended to keep agents safe when they are showing homes to unfamiliar clients.
Homesnap’s Safety Timer allows an agent to set a timer when he or she arrives at a showing. If the agent does not stop the timer after a set amount of time, Homesnap will issue a text alert to the agent’s emergency contacts, letting them know the agent’s current location and cell number. In the case of immediate distress, the agent can activate a Distress Alert in one tap that immediately alerts contacts that the agent is in danger.
These features are being introduced at a time when there is increased focus on agent safety, particularly after the tragic death of Arkansas broker Beverly Carter last October. Homesnap saw the need to provide agents, brokers and MLSs with an effective, simple tool that helps address situations where agents’ safety may be at risk.
Homesnap Pro’s Safety Timer and Distress Alert are easy to use:
- When an agent arrives at a listing, he or she opens the listing in Homesnap Pro and taps on the Safety Timer button to get started.
- The agent then inputs how long he or she plans to be at that location, selects emergency contacts to notify if the timer expires, and starts the timer.
- Homesnap will notify the agent when time is running low. At that time, the agent can either extend or stop the timer.
- If the timer expires, Homesnap will issue a text alert to the agent’s emergency contacts with his or her current address and cell phone number.
- In case of distress, the agent can send a text message in one tap using the Distress Alert button.
“Agent safety is a huge priority for agents, brokers and MLSs. Homesnap Pro is used by thousands of agents every day, and we set out to provide a simple but effective way for agents to let their network know if they might need help, within the app the agents are already using to do their jobs. These new features use GPS to locate the agent and provide text alerts and a distress button in case of danger without requiring agents to open a second app,” said Homesnap CEO and co-founder Guy Wolcott.
“Homesnap Pro’s new agent safety feature is a simple, easy way to make your contacts aware of your location if you find yourself in an unexpected or difficult situation. I will feel more comfortable showing a home with Homesnap Pro now that it has the safety timer. It works using GPS, so it keeps track of where you are, and you can activate the safety feature by simply checking in at a home or snapping the home when you go to show it,” said Kim Caspari, a REALTOR with Keller Williams Realty, Inc. in Baltimore, MD.
To learn more about Homesnap Pro’s new safety features, visit www.homesnap.com/pro/safety.