The National Association of REALTORSÂ®â€™Â strategic investment arm, Second Century Ventures, has unveiled the seven organizations chosen for the 2015 class of REachÂ®,Â a growth technology accelerator program. The 2015 class officially kicks off this week.
â€śThis yearâ€™s REach class is made up of truly phenomenal organizations that are innovating both within and beyond the real estate space,â€ť says Dale Stinton, president of SCV and NAR CEO. â€śThe entrepreneurial spirit and energy that this class embodies will resonate greatly with the NAR community. We are looking forward to introducing the new class to NARâ€™s 1 million members while providing the companies with access to experts and influencers in the real estate, insurance, mortgage and financial services industries.â€ť
The REach program differs from other accelerators in both its vertical focus within real estate and related industries and in the growth stage at which most companies enter the program. The seven companies range from seed stage to well-capitalized startups backed by world-renowned investors; in aggregate, the class has raised over $35 million in previous financings and total valuation exceeds $125 million. The REach program aims to move these organizations rapidly forward beyond their initial successes through education, mentorship and market exposure.
The companies chosen for the 2015 class:
- Asset AvenueÂ (Los Angeles): An online peer-to-peer lending platform for the commercial real estate industry, it provides borrowers and brokers with quick and reliable access to competitively priced loans financed by accredited and institutional investors who lend up to $25 million for any single property.
- BoostUp(Detroit): Helps people save for a down payment on their next car or home by offering a dollar-for-dollar match on their savings from brand partners, family and friends.
- Guard LlamaÂ (Chicago):A mobile personal security system that expedites the 9-1-1 dispatching process when dialing 9-1-1 is not possible.
- Loop & TieÂ (Austin, Texas and New York): Simplifies personalized gifting for businesses to help promote brands, win business and build goodwill.
- NotaryCamÂ (Newport Beach, Calif.): Provides companies and individuals with the ability to have documents notarized online from anywhere in the world, at any time, by a network of certified, licensed notaries.
- Pro.comÂ (Seattle): A home services marketplace that helps homeowners price out projects and matches them with a certified â€śproâ€ť in their area that can get the job done.
- TermScoutÂ (Denver): An intelligence application for business-to-business sales professionals.
For more information, visit www.narreach.com/.