Remember dumping a puzzle box on the floor as a kid, only to have hundreds, if not thousands, of pieces to sort through, and finding the correct pieces that fit together? Each piece of that puzzle had an important role: They unite together to create the bigger picture. That is what the REALTORSÂ® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo is all about: NARâ€™s members uniting in a community of REALTORSÂ® to take an active role in advancing the real estate industry.
Like you, NAR is one piece of this important puzzle and weâ€™re doing our part to advocate for the industry on behalf of you, our members, while providing you with exclusive member benefits, educational opportunities, programs and consumer-facing resources. While youâ€™re at the Trade Expo, be sure to stop by the REALTORÂ® Pavilion on Wednesday, May 13 and Thursday, May 14 to learn about the resources your NAR membership provides.
The Different Pieces of NAR
The REALTORÂ® Pavilion brings together numerous benefits of membership, making it easy for you and your agents to access those benefits that best support your business. At the heart of the REALTORÂ® Pavilion is the NAR Booth No. 1707. Here, you can learn about a variety of NAR initiatives and resources the organization provides our members.
- Claim your FREE .REALTOR Web address and learn how to incorporate it into your business.
- As part of the REALTORÂ® Party, help advocate for local, state and federal issues that impact your business, and record a video about how you Vote, Act & Invest in your community.
- Demo the NEW and improved online REALTORÂ® Store, and purchase any product to receive a free webinar download through the Member Value Plus (MVP) program.
- Meet NARâ€™s 2015 Leadership Team on Wednesday from 5:00 â€“ 5:30 p.m.
- Save time and money, grow your business, and gain a competitive edge with the REALTOR BenefitsÂ® Program.
- Shop REALTORÂ®-branded merchandise in the REALTOR Team StoreÂ®, including new styles.
- Learn how you can connect to commercial real estate research, listing and data tools, advocacy efforts and more with NAR Commercial; see how NARâ€™s Information Central provides REALTORSÂ® with industry/association research guidance to help you succeed; hear how volunteer leaders and NAR staff are working together to run an association smoothly through NARâ€™s Volunteer Leadership Training.
Thereâ€™s a lot to see and discover at the NAR Booth No. 1707!
Tools to Take Your Business to the Next Level
Also within the REALTORÂ® Pavilion is Realtors Property ResourceÂ® (RPRÂ®) in Booth No. 1708. RPRÂ® is NARâ€™s national database covering all of the nearly 150 million parcels of property across the U.S., exclusively available at no additional charge to REALTORSÂ®. In Booth No. 1706, apply for the new REALTORÂ® Credit Card from REALTORSÂ® Federal Credit Union, a division of Northwest Federal Credit Union. You can also learn about the full range of financial products and services designed especially for REALTORSÂ®.
As you know, knowledge is power. Visit REALTORÂ® University Booth No. 1813 to learn about the many certifications and designations offered to REALTORSÂ® to help you gain specialized knowledge on topics from Resort & Second-Home properties and Seniors to Buyerâ€™s Representative (ABRÂ®) to Short Sales & Foreclosures. And remember to ask about the Masterâ€™s Degree in Real Estate, a true masterâ€™s program that allows you to focus your passion and take your professional specialty to the highest level.
NARâ€™s Global initiatives are at Booth No. 1822. If you work with international clients, be sure to ask about the Certified International Property Specialist Designation (CIPS).
Consumer Resources You Can Use
NAR has resources that are a great way to market your value as a REALTORÂ® to your clients and other consumers. Visit REALTORÂ® Content Resource, powered by HouseLogic, at Booth No. 1809 to access free homeownership content you can utilize in your marketing and online! There are also homeownership advocacy materials available from the Consumer Awareness Campaign that you can seamlessly integrate into your 2015 marketing efforts. Looking to update your website with new resources? Then be sure to visit Booth No. 1805 to learn about the Real Estate Today Radio Show and find out how you can easily add the audio player to your website. Itâ€™s another great marketing resource to communicate real estate information and your knowledge with clients.
You are an important piece of the REALTORÂ® community. Connect with NAR and the resources you need for your business at REALTORÂ® Pavilion.
Bob Goldberg is NAR senior vice president, Sales & Marketing, Business Development & Strategic Investments, Professional Development, Conventions.
For more information, visit www.realtor.org.