Bringing together its broker members for an in-depth strategy session, the National Association of REALTORS® two 2015 REALTOR® Broker Summits, taking place this August in Seattle, will offer real estate professionals a unique opportunity to learn from industry leaders about the critical tech tools and business strategies propelling their firms to success.
Running August 17 – 18, the REALTOR® Broker Summit will be immediately followed by the Broker Tech Edge Summit, August 18 – 19. Registration is open and filling fast; to reserve your spot and take advantage of early-bird pricing by June 30, click here.
NAR worked closely with state and local associations to understand the regional climate and specific issues most impacting their markets. The REALTOR® Broker Summit will focus on a variety of management topics affecting broker/owners and managers, such as:
- Legal and risk management issues – Katie Johnson, General Counsel, NAR
- Safety: Crisis & Response – Moderated by 2015 NAR President Chris Polychron and includes Brenda Rhodes, managing broker, Crye-Leike Real Estate Services
- Economic Trends – Lawrence Yun, chief economist, NAR
- Panels on business-building strategies and online lead generation
- Delivering Peak Performance
The Broker Tech Edge Summit will focus on:
- The Digital Journey In Mobile Trends – Google
- Data Security – Melanie Wyne, JD, senior policy representative, Government Affairs, NAR
- Digital Insights – Jonathan Smoke, chief economist, realtor.com
- The Impact of Top-Level Domains
- Panels on: Data-driven decision making; Apps; and the Future of Tech Tools
- The Role of Data in Elections – Drew Brighton, TargetSmart
- Digital Leadership Strategy
The Broker Tech Edge Summit in Seattle was developed in collaboration with NAR’s Tech Edge program and e-PRO®, a certification to help REALTORS® stay up-to-date on the latest technology trends to help them grow their business and better serve their clients. After the Seattle Summits another REALTOR® Broker Summit will be held in Charlotte, N.C. (dates to be determined).
“We understand the value of bringing the brokerage community together to share ideas and strategies for maximizing opportunities in today’s dynamic housing market,” says 2015 NAR President Chris Polychron, executive broker with 1st Choice Realty in Hot Springs, Ark. “We want brokers to be as successful as possible, that’s why we increased the number of Summits from one last year to three this year, so as many brokers as possible can attend.”
Both the Seattle and Charlotte REALTOR® Broker Summits will be highlighted by RISMedia’s Power Broker Roundtable, where a panel of top brokers will discuss “How to Engage Key Consumer Groups.” The Seattle Roundtable will take place the morning of August 18th and will be moderated by RISMedia President & CEO John Featherston. Panelists include: Lennox Scott, chairman and CEO, John L. Scott Real Estate; Ed Krafchow, chairman of the board, Better Homes and Gardens Mason-McDuffie Real Estate; Kim Piper – Broker/Owner, RE/MAX Professionals; and Jim Imhoff, chairman and CEO, First Weber Group/Liaison for Large Residential Firms Relations, NAR.
“RISMedia has always worked closely with NAR to support the broker community through the sharing of relevant information and business-building strategies during our Power Broker Forums and Roundtables,” says Featherston. “That’s why we are excited to be a part of NAR’s REALTOR Broker Summit events, which will not only offer premier educational sessions, but unparalleled networking opportunities as well.”
Early-bird registration, including a reduced bundle rate for attending both Seattle events, closes on June 30th. Click here to register and to stay up-to-date on the agenda and speaker line-up.