The 2016 REALTORÂ®Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo will kick off in Washington, D.C.,Â May 11-16. More than 8,500 REALTORSÂ®will gather to advocate policies that protect commercial and residential property ownership and investment and advance the real estate industry.
What: REALTORÂ®Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo
When: May 9-14, 2016
Where: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington, D.C.
Throughout the week, REALTORSÂ®will attend sessions and meet directly with members of Congress and their staff, regulatory agency officials and top industry executives to discuss the legislative and regulatory environment and its effect on residential and commercial real estate.
REALTORSÂ®â€™ meetings on Capitol Hill will highlight support for important legislative initiatives, including extending the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act, maintaining real estate tax policies, Federal Housing Administration reforms, and ensuring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage guarantee fees are not diverted away for unrelated spending.
Speakers and guest panelists throughout the week include:
- U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.)
- Political pollsters Peter Hart and Bill McInturff
- Investigative journalist and author Bob Woodward
- Wells Fargo economist Mark Vitner
- NARâ€™s Chief Economist Lawrence Yun, who will also share his latest outlook for residential and commercial real estate markets during theÂ Residential Economic Issues & Trends ForumÂ onÂ Thursday, May 12Â fromÂ 8-10 a.m.Â and at theÂ Commercial Economic Issues & Trends ForumÂ later that same day fromÂ 1-3 p.m.
A full conference schedule is available at www.realtor.org/legislative.