What if I told you (and you agreed) that you would not make a single dollar in 2016 unless you achieved double your income goal? That means if your goal is to make $100,000, we move it to $200,000. If your goal is to make $500,000, we move it to $1 million GCI. You’ll either get 100 percent of your new goal, or you don’t get paid any money at all. How would your behavior, actions and daily activities change in order to guarantee success?
Most of the time, the key to success is not the person or the market, but rather, the activities we focus on each day are those that produce the greatest return on our time investment. I would go so far as to say it’s our massive actions that generate the greatest results.
With the goal of doubling what we believe our value to be, we have to create a very specific plan and execute on that plan. My suggestion is that you create four pillars of income and identify the massive actions required to generate 100 percent of your income goal in each pillar.
Massive Action Examples
- Put your open houses on steroids.
- Follow a proven plan for success, beginning with advertising the open house.
- Place multiple signs around the area to drive traffic.
- Deliver flyers to the neighborhood.
- Knock on doors, invite people to attend and prospect for potential sellers.
- Register every attendee.
- Follow up until they buy or tell you to die!
- Build and work your database at an entirely new level.
- Create a list of friends/sphere-of-influence who are most likely to give you one referral a year.
- Talk with them every month.
- Connect with them on social media.
- Host a client appreciation event and invite your top-referring clients.
- Crank up the internet lead-generation machine.
- Turn on Zillow, realtor.com®, BoomTown, Commissions Inc., Agentjet or any other high-volume, lead-generation system and drive traffic that will generate a massive amount of leads to these sites.
- Be quick to respond, add value to the conversation and never quit following up.
- See 20 people belly-to-belly.
- Real estate is a contact business, and if you want to have massive results, you have to have massive contacts. Sales trainer Tom Hopkins teaches it best by explaining that you have to see 20 people belly-to-belly every day if you want to have sales success.
- There’s no substitute for contacting, networking and flat-out prospecting.
- Track the activities you do every day to create real results, and success will come.
These are just a few ideas that’ll create massive results, but it’s on you to change your behavior and work as if you’ll earn zero dollars if you don’t double your goal. Remember, massive actions today create massive income tomorrow.
Verl Workman is the founder and CEO of Workman Success Systems, an international speaking, consulting and coaching company that specializes in performance coaching and building successful power agents and teams.
For more information, visit www.verlworkman.com.