How many times have you had one of your friends list or buy with another agent simply because they didn’t think of you at the critical moment of making that decision?
Seeing another agent’s sign in your past client’s or friend’s front yard can be bone-crushing, but the truth is, most agents don’t deploy a consistent system of keeping themselves and their services top of mind among friends and neighbors. Most sales professionals will admit that they don’t like to prospect, yet this system is the one habit that, when done consistently, yields measurable, impressive results.
This best-kept secret is outlined in the eBook “The Ultimate Marketing Handbook for Real Estate Agents That Want to Close 86 Deals or More a Year,” which explains the “86-50-1” formula. The eBook*, authored by mega top producer Mike Parker and noted success coach Verl Workman, puts a pencil to a simple strategy that can generate more than one lead from each contact in your elite group of Top 50. This proven strategy works to save money, leverages your brand and reputation, and packs a fun factor.
This program generates 86 referrals a year working with only 50 people and focusing on one hour a day.
Here’s how the system works:
- Go through your database and identify the top 50 people you believe would give you a referral this year. Once your list is complete, schedule a personal touch once every month for the next 12 months. This isn’t about just phoning your top 50 group every month and asking for a referral, but rather, it’s a way to provide a personal “touch” to each contact monthly.
- Each touch must be recorded in your CRM where after each touch you set the next touch for the upcoming month. Scheduling one call per week to your top 50 will get you through your list annually.
- Deploy a monthly “touch” system that invites connection—think a mix of phone calls, meeting for coffee, a pop-by or sharing invitations to local community events. Schedule quarterly face-to-face events, like an exclusive wine and cheese or ice cream social, for your top 50 only. Target inviting 12-15 of your top 50 to each of these quarterly events, which will get you through your list by year-end. You want to be sure you’re face-to-face with each member of your elite group at least 2-3 times a year for best results. Be sure to send a handwritten note to your touches, whether it be a “thank you for attending” or “sorry we missed you.”
- Once you’ve had several touches with each contact, you’ve earned the right to ask if you can count on them for at least one referral this year. The dialogue is simple: “Can I count on you for one referral for my services this year? I know you have lots of other people you know in real estate, but you can be sure I’m going to wow anyone you refer to me.”
- If the year rolls through and you’ve received no referrals from any one contact, replace them with another contact whom you believe would refer one prospect to you annually.
The power of leveraging your relationships with your raving fans pays off when you diligently and consistently schedule connections that get more referrals more easily.
*For a complimentary copy of the eBook, contact Terri@TerriMurphy.com.
Terri Murphy is a communication engagement specialist, author, speaker and coach. She is the author/co-author of five books and founder of MurphyOnRealEstate.com. Contact her at TerriMurphy.com, MurphyOnRealEstate.com or Terri@TerriMurphy.com.
For more information, please visit www.workmansuccesssystems.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.