RE/MAX hosted its 45th annual R4 Convention in Las Vegas this week, attended by more than 6,000 agents and brokers from over 60 countries. The Opening General Session, hosted by business coach Brian Buffini, highlighted the accomplishments of the global real estate network’s more than 115,000 agents, while taking a look back on the last 45 years of the company and a look forward to the future of the real estate industry.
“Over the last 45 years, the RE/MAX network has grown from one agent to more than 115,000,” RE/MAX CEO Adam Contos told the crowd of associates who attended the week-long convention to learn, network and exchange international referrals. “Today we celebrate our roots and share plans on how we will continue to move our global real estate network forward. It’s because of you that we can once again say no one in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX.”
- More than 7,000 agents joined the network in 2017, up 6.4 percent year-over-year.
- Agent count outside the U.S. and Canada increased by 17.8 percent in 2017.
- RE/MAX agents averaged 14.4 transaction sides in 2017.
Focus on Competitive Innovation
Following the December 2017 announcement of a new business and product strategy team focused on innovation, corporate strategy, product research and competitive intelligence, RE/MAX announced several new online tools to improve the productivity of the network’s agents:
- Two new learning tracks offered by RE/MAX University (RU) provide associates the tools needed to grow their personal brands and become successful top producers in the real estate industry. Take Flightand New to RE/MAX are offered online and on-demand on RU. Two additional learning tracks, Teams and Succession Planning, will be offered later this year.
- A new automation feature for RE/MAX Design Center, powered by Imprev, gives many agents a simple, effective way to promote the key events during the life of a listing using a series of automatically created, professional-looking marketing materials.
RE/MAX in the Community
In 2017, RE/MAX brokers and agents from across the globe were affected by natural disasters. From hurricanes to earthquakes and wildfires, the network joined together to help fellow affiliates and communities by donating nearly $200,000 to help those impacted.
“RE/MAX has more offices in more communities than any other network and this year many of our own were put to the test,” said Contos. “When a community is in need, RE/MAX shines the brightest.”
In addition, RE/MAX has raised more than $167 million for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. During this week’s event, RE/MAX agents will work together to create a social media mosaic “get well card.” The mosaic, made up of hundreds of individual images posted to Instagram and Twitter during the convention, will was gifted to the St. Rose Dominican Hospitals during the R4 Closing Session.
For more information, please visit www.remax.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.