Being a sales manager in today’s competitive environment means adding value to your sales teams by leading them to achieve their goals. If you are sitting at your desk 50 percent of the day, then it is time to engage in the practice of getting out of your office, walking around and talking to your agents daily. Sure, they need you for administrative items, but the reality is that you are a sales manager, and your No. 1 job is to create listings and sales from your sales team.
Start employing these methods this week, and you will start to see immediate results!
- Lead by example and set the tone for success. The speed of the leader determines the rate of the pack. Create an environment of high drive and success. Your agents will follow your lead.
- Get agents into the office. Set the tone in your office by using a Prospecting and Sales Training Activity Calendar every week. Post printed copies throughout the office, and include your sales meetings, new agent training meetings and call events. Schedule these so that agents have to come into the office. Offer a training class every week on how to hold open houses, how to conduct listing appointments and how to convert leads into income. Getting your agents focused on prospecting activities and into the office gives them the opportunity to create their own success, and agents who show up to the office talk to other agents about new listings, and create sales.
- Ask agents what they have in their pipelines for buyer and seller leads. Help them to convert these leads to appointments. Identify opportunities where your agent can offer free preapproval to help move the lead through the stages of the sale cycle. Find out daily and weekly what new listings or sales your agents are working on, and consistently ask them how many listings and sales they forecast for the next month. This will drive your team to achieve their goals, which, in turn, will help achieve the team’s goals.
- Drive open house activity. Not every agent will want to hold open houses, and that is fine. Find the ones who will maximize the open houses as a lead generator to find new listing and buyer leads. Open houses can and should be the most profitable 2-3 hours of an agent’s week, if they properly plan and convert the leads. Help agents holding the open house sit on the right-priced property to maximize their time.
- Lead the effort to create FSBOS and expireds prospecting groups. Create a group of agents that meet weekly to prospect FSBOs and expired Leads. Show them how to contact and convert these leads into appointments and income. Caravan to expireds and FSBOS to do door-knocking. All new or newer agents should be required to attend these activities.
- Create momentum and hold agents accountable to their annual and monthly goals. Meet with agents for a check-in and ask them how you can help them succeed. Review what their action plan is to create business, and offer them suggestions on ways to increase their opportunities to get in front of more people to convert more listings and sales.
For a list of other lead-generating ideas to coach your sales teams, and for more methods to drive agent listings in your office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sherri Johnson is CEO and founder of Sherri Johnson Coaching & Consulting. With 20 years of experience in real estate, Johnson offers coaching, consulting and keynotes, and is a national speaker for the Homes.com Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.