Opportunities aren’t lost. They go to someone else.
Not a phrase I like to be reminded of; however, it’s true. We think we lost the lead, and in reality, that potential client did buy or sell with someone else. Not cool.
Making sure your team has an effective system for converting leads and staying in front of potential buyers and sellers will make or break your lead conversion. Follow these lead conversion strategies and implement them into your team’s system to make sure every lead gets followed up on, converted, listed and sold.
- Track leads. Every new lead goes in a pipeline, whether you are using a tracking system by paper, spreadsheet or your CRM platform. Keeping an organized list of your leads is paramount. One of the benefits of using a CRM is that you can quickly track notes and follow-up calls, send emails, track their stage in the selling process and work via mobile with ease. Automated follow-up email campaigns for leads that are just starting out are a fantastic way to keep in touch with new clients, and, of course, continual follow-up by phone is most effective. For your team’s organization, tracking leads and the sources of those leads is also important. Regardless of your system for tracking leads, it all starts with having and following a system. From this list, your team members’ jobs are to turn them into appointments.
- Don’t discount a lead regardless of where they are in the sales process. They may be just starting out or gathering information, and that’s fine. You’re not going anywhere. Work with them and provide extreme value. Then stay with them. Sure, we would love every lead to start as an “A” level buyer or listing prospect. Some are, but some start out at a “B” or “C” level. Eventually, they will want to move and you will be the one who maximizes that opportunity, not your competition. Welcome the leads that aren’t ready to do something right this second. Put them in your pipeline and stay in front of them for months. You will win their business—I promise. You are creating future business for yourself—and we all need future business.
- Update your pipeline weekly and in your CRM. You must increase the number of potential leads in your pipeline if you want to grow your production and income. Once they are on the list, review the list and see who you can call for an appointment. They may be getting the house ready for market, which is a perfect opportunity for you to add value to the process by telling them you can save them time and money before they make home improvements. Call everyone on your list and convert them from a name on your list to an actual showing or listing appointment You are now one step closer to converting them into a sale.
- Improve your scripts and marketing materials. If you or your team members are not converting leads into appointments, you may need new material, both written and verbal. A new or improved strategy for calling potential clients may be necessary. Hiring a coach or going to some sales training can be helpful. If you are the leader, you can create strategies and scripts for your team members to use that will convert these leads into appointments.
- Be proactive and presumptive. Proactive and presumptive closing will get you an appointment. Constant follow-up and adding value will create the opportunity to convert the call/lead into an appointment. Create or remind them of the pain they will need to overcome, and then be their solution. Solve their problem and make the close. For example, with an expired or FSBO lead, your strategy would be: “I have the formula for why your home isn’t selling and I would like to share it with you. What’s better for you: Thursday at 5 or Saturday at 10?” You’re going to meet with them. Once they choose between two options, you have an appointment to see their house.
- Continue to convert leads into appointments, sales and closed income. It is so important that you work leads and add value to the process. The agent that adds the most value gets hired, and you can radically differentiate yourself and your unique services by communicating them to the lead in such a way that they will meet with you. Remember, you are taking people through the stages of the sales cycle. Work within their timeframe, stay in front of them, and you will be the one who gets the business.
Following these lead conversion strategies will ensure you are truly maximizing every lead. Keep your pipeline full and keep follow-up a daily habit, and you will increase your appointments and list and sell more homes. Make sure your mindset is to secure an appointment with the leads on your tracking sheet pipeline.
For my free “How to Build a $10M Gold Mine Pipeline” webinar, click here.
Sherri Johnson is CEO and founder of Sherri Johnson Coaching & Consulting. With 20 years of experience in real estate, Johnson offers coaching, consulting and keynotes, and is a national speaker for the Homes.com Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour and the Official Real Estate Coach for McKissock Learning and Real Estate Express. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll-free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.