The Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation, the charitable arm of the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORSÂ®, donated a total of $81,450 to 26 charities and non-profit organizations throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond in 2018.
As it enters its sixth year of fundraising, the Foundation is gearing up for another successful year of providing financial assistance to those organizations dedicated to helping the needy in the New York metro area and elsewhere.
“We are thrilled to be able to provide help to all of the wonderful non-profit organizations that continue to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families in our communities,” says MaryannTercasio, president of the Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation. “We are extremely grateful for the generosity of our REALTORÂ® members, colleagues and sponsors who have made all of these donations possible.”
In the past year, the Foundation held its “Viva Las Vegas” Gala, a major event at Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle, in addition to many successful “Pub Nights” at various locations in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange counties.
The Foundation’s 2018 donation recipients included:
- Beverly Carter Foundation (REALTORÂ® Safety), Little Rock, Ark.
- Bridge Fund of Westchester, White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Caritas of Port Chester, Port Chester, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Center for Safety & Change, New City, Rockland County, N.Y.
- Children of Promise Stable, Nanuet, Rockland County, N.Y.
- Community Capital New York, Hawthorne, Westchester/Orange Counties, N.Y.
- Drug Crisis in Our Backyard, Inc., Carmel, Putnam County, N.Y.
- Feeding Westchester, Elmsford, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Food Bank of the Hudson Valley, Cornwall-on-Hudson, Orange County, N.Y.
- Friends of Karen, North Salem, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Furniture Sharehouse, White Plains, WestchesterÂ County, N.Y.
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, Putnam County, N.Y.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh, Newburgh, Orange County, N.Y.
- Hearts to Home Furnishings, Inc., Yonkers, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Hi Tor Animal Shelter, Pomona, Rockland County, N.Y.
- Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley, Tarrytown, Westchester County/Hudson Valley, N.Y.
- Meals on Wheels of Rockland, Nanuet, Rockland County, N.Y.
- My Sister’s Place, White Plains, Westchester County, N.Y.
- People to People, Nanuet, Rockland County, N.Y.
- Ronald McDonald House, Valhalla, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Support Connection, Yorktown Heights, Westchester County, N.Y.
- The Children’s Village, Dobbs Ferry, Westchester County, N.Y.
- United Hospice of Rockland, New City, Rockland County, N.Y.
- Venture Foundation, Sparkill, Rockland County, N.Y.
- Volunteer New York, Tarrytown, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Westchester Medical Center Foundation, Valhalla, Westchester County, N.Y.
The Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation was established in 2004 and relaunched in 2013. The Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation participates in qualified community-based charities who serve the housing, hunger, health, happiness and humane needs of citizens everywhere.
For more information or to apply for funding from the Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation, please visit www.hgrealtorfoundation.org.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmarkÂ RISMedia.com.