As the manager or broker, you have just recruited a talented group of new agents and want to see them pass the test and then launch instantly into a flood of listing and sales activity. This can and should happen if you provide them with the plan and direction as the leader. The best way to hit the ground running is to set up your new agent with a specific daily routine and success plan of action that helps them become producing agents quickly. They will be making money and thrive.
Here are some best practices for creating immediate success with your new agents:
- Create a personal business plan. Based on your agent’s income goals and needs, meet with them and write a business plan on how much money they must, “would like to” and “would love to” make. Put on paper what the plan is for achieving those results. Identify the 3-4 methods of prospecting the agent will conduct for new listing and buyer clients. Set them off to action doing the items you each agreed to and include a due date for completing. Give them specific tasks to do to create listing and buyer opportunities for themselves.
- Focus their attention on getting at least three new listings in the first 60 days. We all know wonderful things happen when you are the listing agent. Besides getting most of the credit for the sale, listing agents last and sell the most. If your new agents realize early on that listings are where it’s at, and that they produce more buyers and additional opportunities, they will go after the listing side of the business and not spend too much time with buyers, which is really maximizing their time and setting them up for immediate success.
- Hold open houses in the right price points with listing opportunities. Make sure your new agents are holding the right houses open each week that attract move-up buyers that have a house to sell and can become a listing opportunity for them. Have them watch my “Make $50K at Your Next Open House” webinar that gives amazing and easy-to-implement strategies on how to make $50,000 at their next open house with the right script strategies to convert more leads into income.
- Teach them how to prospect expireds and FSBOs. New agents will try anything, and they should. Provide them with a good script strategy that will help them get appointments. Ask for a copy of their calls and results to hold them accountable. Make the calls with them, or go on appointments scheduled to help. These are free leads that are interested in selling their homes. Proactively go after these leads and, again, set them up for success.
- Meet with them weekly. Hold a new agent meeting with anyone who hasn’t sold 24 houses in two years or has been in the business less than two years. This creates momentum and a cadence of accountability with your new agents, and they develop relationships with each other, sharing successes and brainstorming challenges together as a team. This meeting should be weekly and never cancelled. The broker or manager is responsible for creating the environment for success to happen.
For a free copy of my exclusive “New Agent Success Strategy Checklist,” click here.
Sherri Johnson is CEO and founder of Sherri Johnson Coaching & Consulting. With 20 years of experience in real estate, Johnson offers coaching, consulting and keynotes, and is a national speaker for the Homes.com Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour and the Official Real Estate Coach for McKissock Learning and Real Estate Express. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll-free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.