Do you hear that? Wedding bells are ringing! If you have an upcoming wedding to attend, spend more time practicing your hot dance moves and less time scrambling to find the perfect gift for the happy couple about to tie the knot.
From air fryers, which are all the rage and cost around 100 bucks, to robotic vacuum cleaners, which offer futuristic convenience and cost several hundred dollars, Consumer Reports (CR) recommends these top-performing products that would make a great wedding gift:
- NuWave 6-Qt 37001 air fryer. The NuWave 37001 model boasts the largest capacity of any air fryer CR tested, at 5.8 quarts. CR’s experts found its electronic controls with preprogrammed settings to be among the easiest to see and use. Plus, the inside and outside of the appliance are a cinch to clean.
- Breville Sous Chef BFP800XL/A food processor. The 960-watt Breville Sous Chef BFP800XL/A is one of the few food processors CR tested that earns a rating of very good for puréeing, so you can be confident that veggies will turn out with a smooth consistency. It’s loaded with accessories, and touch buttons are easy to wipe clean. The warranty is for one year, but the motor is covered for 25 years—the longest in CR’s ratings.
- KitchenAid Classic (250 watt) K45SS[WH] mixer. The KitchenAid Classic K45SS mixer could make a great gift for a couple who loves to bake. It earns an excellent rating in CR’s mixing tests, easily handling large batches of chocolate chip cookie dough—enough for five dozen cookies! Kneading? No problem. And whipping cream is quick.
- Cuisinart Green Gourmet Hard Anodized GG-12 cookware set. The 12-piece Cuisinart Green Gourmet nonstick set is one of only two sets in CR’s cookware ratings to earn an excellent rating for cooking evenness. And the 6-quart Dutch oven quickly brings water to a boil.
- Bissell Air Ram 1984 vacuum cleaner. A top-notch, self-standing cordless stick vacuum, the Bissell Air Ram 1984 scores an excellent rating on CR’s carpet-cleaning test and is just as good at bare floors. It has the longest run time among the cordless vacuums in CR’s labs, with a charge that lasts 47 minutes. Even though it’s a basic model, the Bissell Air Ram has held its place near the top of CR’s ratings for some time.
- Samsung POWERbot R7065 VR2AM7065WS/AA robotic vacuum. The sleek Samsung POWERbot earns high marks, including an excellent rating for bare floors. It’s also superb at cleaning carpet, able to pick up fine grains of sand and embedded pet hair from carpets. According to CR, even some pricier models don’t offer this level of performance.