Frustrated by your rising utility bill? Here are four easy ways to cut costs on high energy-use appliances…
1. Use cold water to wash your clothes.
High-efficiency machines and detergents are actually designed to work with cold water.
2. Cut back on dryer usage by hanging your clothes or linens outside to dry.
3. Reduce hot water usage by shortening your showers.
Shaving off just one minute can save $15 per family member per year.
4. Opt for the grill over the oven whenever weather permits.
5. Switch to a smart thermostat to regulate your heating and cooling usage and save money.
These simple adjustments will lead to big savings over the course of the year.