Nothing in my career took less time, cost less money and produced bigger results than personal notes. It is the best real estate lead generation strategy out there—and you get to make someone’s day at the same time!
Data shows that the average American receives only 10 pieces of mail per year (excluding holiday cards and invitations), which makes any handwritten note stand out. What better way to set yourself apart from your competition than by expressing your gratitude, care and concern through a thoughtful note? Here are some note-writing FAQs to help you implement this powerful relationship-building strategy for your best real estate lead generation strategy yet.
Who do I write to?
Write notes of thanks and gratitude to anyone and everyone in your life. This includes:
- Current and past clients – Check in with a personal note, express gratitude for their business and remind them you are never too busy for their referrals.
- Family and friends – Tell them how much they mean to you and watch these relationships grow.
- Lenders and agents you work with – We love to work with people we genuinely like. Deepen those relationships by sending a personal note after you work with them to thank them for the experience and open the door to future opportunities.
- Business owners you respect – Thank them for their great service and show your appreciation for their work to develop professional and personal relationships that last.
- When should I write these?
- As a follow-up – Write a short note after you speak with a client on the phone, deliver a Pop-By, meet with them or after you send them your monthly Marketing Flyer to touch base.
- When you receive a referral – Show your client your appreciation for the referral and give them a warm message of thanks for thinking about you.
- To appreciate a friend or colleague – When someone goes above and beyond to help you, send them a quick note of thanks.
- During a real estate transaction – Occasionally send notes to your current clients during the transaction process. Give them peace of mind and reassurance that you are working hard to give them the best possible experience. When the transaction has closed, write a note explaining that you enjoyed working with them and look forward to providing them with excellent service, so you may form a lasting relationship.
- To reconnect – If you lost touch with a client, send a note to re-establish contact without sounding like a sales pitch.
- To brighten someone’s day – A personal note with a kind word is sure to put a smile on the recipient’s face and make their day, plain and simple.
How often should I write these?
Write these notes at any time! Make it a habit to write a few a day, and soon, it’ll become as automatic as brushing your teeth.
At Buffini & Company, we provide our clients with 50 note cards each month through the Referral Maker®PRO marketing kit. Our most successful clients write that many, and even more, on a regular basis. These notes build relationships, and those relationships are the foundation of any successful referral-based business. Start harnessing the power of personal notes to unlock your best real estate lead generation today!
Brian Buffini immigrated to San Diego from Ireland in 1986 and became a top-performing REALTOR®. He then founded Buffini & Company to share his powerful lead-generation system. Buffini & Company has trained over 3 million business professionals in 37 countries and currently coaches more than 25,000 business pros. Today, Brian’s a New York Times best-selling author and reaches over 6 million listeners a year through “The Brian Buffini Show” podcast. For more information, please visit www.buffiniandcompany.com.