There are luxury casinos in Nevada’s famed “Sin City”—the Bellagio, for one, with its iconic dancing fountains and a dazzling casino spread over 115,000 square feet. But there’s more to gaming than Las Vegas or Atlantic City for high-end, luxury-loving gamers.
If you’re up for a glamourous gaming indulgence, consider the following five choices:
- The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel Casino, China. Often referred to as the Las Vegas of Asia, Macao is the only city in China welcoming high-rollers, and the Venetian resort, a replica of its Vegas counterpart, is the largest in the world in terms of floor space. In addition to 870 table games and 3,000 slot machines, the luxe resort offers a 1-million-square-foot shopping mall and more amenities than you can count in a sleek, extravagant setting.
- Marina Bay Sands Casino, Singapore. Arguably the most extravagant casino in the world, the Marina Bay Sands boasts three cascading towers topped by its unique Sky Park. Apart from its 500 casino tables and 2,300 slot machines, it features great entertainment in its theater and night clubs, and is fast becoming one of the popular casino destinations in Asia.
- Kurhaus of Baden-Baden Casino, Germany. One of the most lavish antique casinos in the world, the Kurhaus has been around for nearly 200 years, but its gleaming chandeliers and red-and-gold furniture belie its long history. Although not as large as many top casinos, it boasts a tempting array of table games and slots, and its luxurious presence near the storied Black Forest draws a share of international high-rollers.
- Palace of the Lost City at the Sun City Resort, South Africa. A two-hour drive from Johannesburg, this luxurious getaway is next to the beautiful Pilanesberg National Park and Game Reserve, and it offers a number of casino game variations including blackjack and roulette for high-end gamers. In addition, you can visit its Valley of the Waves, where you’ll find a challenging golf course and a massive wave pool.
- Hotel de Paris and Casino de Monte Carlo, Monaco. These iconic hotels, linked by a short flight of stairs, offer world-class gaming in opulent settings captured in all their splendor in the first James Bond “Casino Royale” film. The venerable casino offers the most complete table gaming in Europe, including roulette, blackjack, Punto Banco/Baccarat, Trente et Quarante and poker.