The Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation, the charitable arm of the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORSÂ®, donated a total of $44,000 to 22 charities and non-profit organizations throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond in 2019.
As it enters its seventh year of fundraising, the Foundation is gearing up for another successful year of providing financial assistance to those organizations dedicated to helping the needy in the New York metro area and elsewhere.
“We are thrilled to be able to provide help to all of the wonderful non-profit organizations that continue to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families in our communities,” says Maryann Tercasio, president of the Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation. “We are extremely grateful for the generosity of our REALTORÂ® members, colleagues, and sponsors who have made all of these donations possible.”
In the past year, the Foundation held its “Runway for Hope” Fashion Show, a major fundraising event at Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle, which raised over $30,000. In addition, the Foundation hosted many successful “Pub Nights” at various locations in Bronx, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange counties. It ended the year with its Holiday Party Fundraiser at the Renaissance Hotel in West Harrison, which raised about $14,000. Monies raised in 2019 will go towards 2020 donations.
The Foundationâ€™s 2019 donation recipients included (by name, community and county):Â
- Abbott House â€“ Irvington, Westchester
- Caritas of Port Chester â€“ Port Chester, Westchester
- Catholic Charities of Orange, Sullivan & Ulster â€“ Goshen, Orange
- Center for Safety & Change â€“ New City, Rockland
- Christ Church of Ramapo â€“ Ramapo, Rockland
- Food Bank of the Hudson Valley â€“ Cornwall-on-Hudson, Orange
- Friends of Karen â€“ North Salem, Westchester
- Furniture Sharehouse â€“ White Plains, Westchester
- Gilda’s Club Westchester â€“ White Plains, Westchester
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh â€“ Newburgh, Orange
- Hearts to Home Furnishings, Inc. â€“ Yonkers, Westchester
- Hi Tor Animal Shelter â€“ Pomona, Rockland
- Homes for Heroes, Inc. â€“ Pearl River, Rockland
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley â€“ White Plains, Westchester
- Lifting Up Westchester â€“ White Plains, Westchester
- Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley â€“ Tarrytown, Westchester
- My Sister’s Place â€“ White Plains, Westchester
- Ossining Children’s Center â€“ Ossining, Westchester
- Support Connection, Inc. â€“ Yorktown Heights, Westchester
- The Friends of Green Chimneys â€“ Brewster, Putnam
- Volunteer New York â€“ Tarrytown, Westchester
- Westchester Medical Center Foundation â€“ Valhalla, Westchester
The Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation was established in 2004 and relaunched in 2013. As concerned members of the communities it works in, the Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation participates in qualified community-based charities who serve the housing, hunger, health, happiness and humane needs of citizens everywhere. The REALTORÂ® Foundation is now seeking applications from charities and non-profits for 2020. For more information or to apply for funding from the Hudson Gateway REALTORÂ® Foundation, please visit www.hgrealtorfoundation.com.